Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
A Chicken Palace - Quailcreekfarm's Chicken Coop
We found ourselves the proud owners of chickens, but we had no coop.
We also had no experience in construction or farming. Soooo, we bought a bunch of books of coop designs, a couple books on general construction techniques and headed off to the lumber yard.
I gave the salesman a list of what I wanted. He looked it over and asked what it was for. "A chicken coop," I responded. "That's no chicken coop," he replied. "It's a chicken palace."
I don't know if our nine chickens agree, but they don't complain too much.
Here's the finished coop.
The coop half finished.
Chickie is the big guy.
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › **~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all... 16 seconds ago
- › Utah! 17 seconds ago
- › The Q&A Game! 17 seconds ago
- › B.Y.C. Dorking Club! 21 seconds ago
- › Mallard Duckling 23 seconds ago
- › North to Alaska! 28 seconds ago
- › Given 3 day old chic, caught by a kid, think this little 1 is... 41 seconds ago
- › North Carolina 46 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 52 seconds ago
- › New to Chickens, New to Coops 53 seconds ago
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks