Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:Standard American Gamefowl Line Morgan WhiteHackle Pearl White Leg Straight Comb. Amazing animals to own very string and proud of themselves.Always come spangleds never a solid color just a difference variation in males..some produce more red in their neck hackle feathers some more white..in females some are a light cream brown color and some are a dark chocolate color..chicks are born either white or like i say chipmunk coloring.Hens are very protective of their nests and chicks.They will trade turns of who watches over the babies sometimes i see hens with 14 at a time sometimes 2 or 3 or none..always have the main Brood male watching over.Yound males are kept in line by Broodcock when ever they start something he scares them off with a simple wing flpping of if its more serious then a peck to the head.Females are calm easy to handle birds like to dust bathe alot can easily be picked up and handeled when not in mom mode..
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- I have looked all over, but can't find what breed this hen is. Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:28pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
American Game Bbred White Red Pyle Silver Duckwing Golden Duckwing
Last edited: 1/10/12
- itemAmerican Gametagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
American Game Red And White Spangled Morgan Whitehackle
Currently, there are 975 Active Users (86 Members and 889 Guests)
- › California-Southern 28 seconds ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 44 seconds ago
- › Silkie limping 45 seconds ago
- › BR Turkey nest boxes 1 minute ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Too Many Males 4 minutes ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 5 minutes ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 9 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 13 minutes ago
- › Erice the Emu and Eight Wild Chicks 13 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.