Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Autofill Bucket Waterer
OK, Here is my Auto Fill Kitty Litter Bucket Waterer.
First I Bought a plactic water trough fill valve from my local feed store for about $13.00.
Then I took out the float and drilled 3 holes.
These are to screw it to a spacer block of wood to set the water level lower in the bucket.
Then I screwed through the top of the Kitty Litter bucket and into the block of wood. I also Installed a garden hose adapter fitting I bought from Lowes and a 3/4 inch PVC riser through the top of the bucket lid and added a 90 degree angle two inch spacer and a female water hose adapter.
Then I installed the float back into the valve and put the lid on the bucket.
I added some quick disconnects I bought from Lowes so that I could remove the hose from the water and put on a sprayer to allow the use of the hose in the coop for cleaning.
Then I took it outside, put the lid on it, hooked up the hose, and turned on the water allowing it to fill till valve shut off. Then using a 2 1/2 inch hole saw I drilled 2 holes on each side and one on each end about 1/2 inch above water fill line. This is so chickens can stick their head through to drink without dirtying up the water. Also hole are too high to kick dirt and bedding into water. I also plan to easily open lid in summer months to drop in frozen bottles of water to keep water cool through the heat of the day.
Total cost to me was about $20.00. What do you think?
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › ***<3ChickenForever and ChickenPeep's CHAT thread!*** 3 seconds ago
- › Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man 5 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 18 seconds ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 22 seconds ago
- › Utah! 46 seconds ago
- › State a fact about yourself! 53 seconds ago
- › what hatchery or breeder do you recommend 58 seconds ago
- › [LIST - Over 1,000 names!] Chicken names! 1 minute ago
- › California - Northern 1 minute ago
- › Just want to say Hi to my fellow chicken lovers 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh
- › Hello every one! by Sandstorm495