Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Bama's Chicken Coop
My Little Deuce Coop
I called this "My Little Deuce Coop" as a play on words because; it is built as a duplex for two sets of birds (with a door if I want to have them all together). I wanted a small scale coop for reasons of cost and to keep things all around cleaner than the coops I'd used in the past (no more poo on my shoes).
I started construction June 18th 2010 but I've been designing and making changes to my plans for quite a while.
The outer dimensions are 6'x6' with a center wall dividing it. I also used mostly 2x2s for the framing to keep it light and to keep cost down. Figure 1 shows the front elevation. I mounted it on 4"x4"x2' pressure treated posts to keep it up off the ground.
Figure 1 - Front Elevation
Figure 2 - 2X2 Framing construction
Figure 3 - Front view with the siding added
I installed an exhaust fan inside the copula which will be hooked to a thermostat for hot days. Cost was $6 from Wal-Mart, see figure 4. I attached the plywood roof with screws. I also installed 1/2" foam insulation under the plywood.
Figure 4 - Plywood roof with exhaust fan
Figure 5 - Exterior mostly complete. Still need doors and ramp then I will start the run.
Last updated July 11, 2010
More to come!
- The Little Red Barn
- › Easter Egger: Pullet or Roo? 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with the sex of these chickens 5 minutes ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 6 minutes ago
- › 20 Mille Fleur Leghorns hatching eggs (SHIPPING INCLUDED) 7 minutes ago
- › Could I bother just once more?Is this a Roo? 8 minutes ago
- › At what age are muffs visible on EE's, Ameraucanas and Araucanas? 8 minutes ago
- › Found a baby bird. Any help would be appreciated. 8 minutes ago
- › sell cvv, gift card, paypal, vpn 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing chicks to the flock 9 minutes ago
- › My Coop, My Flock, My Geese, My Quail, My Chicks, My Doves.......Oh... 10 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Blue Moon Pack... by IceFire
- › How to Prepare a Chicken for Showing by Whittni
- › kiomey's swapstuffs by Kiomey
- › Our Mobile Coop Project (lots of pics) by slroxie
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres