Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Bandm's Chicken Coop
Step one, was to establish a base for the coop.
We moved the gravel until we were relatvely level
Step two, we built the floor frame from some 2x6's
that we salvaged from the old barn we are tearing down.
The floor is 8'x4'6", so we had to use two sheets of plywood to cover the frame.
This is OK, we will use the remanant for nest boxes.
We framed the coop at 24" centers to conserve on the 2x4 studs.
The studs are cut at 6 foot long.
We went with gambrel style trusses. Don't ask what the dimensions and angles are, we
did this off the top of our heads. We ended up with overhang which will be OK.
This is the end with the door
We made the run from salvaged lumber also. The wire was purchased at Tractor Supply.
This is a view from farther away. It is next to the old barn we are taking down.
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 18 seconds ago
- › Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition 19 seconds ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 1 minute ago
- › Chicken feed 2 minutes ago
- › Colorado 2 minutes ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 3 minutes ago
- › Raising and caring for ducklings 4 minutes ago
- › Egg Laying Patterns 4 minutes ago
- › Re-enforcing Fence and run??? 5 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 5 minutes ago
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel