Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Since we had no intention of raising yard decorations, we didn't have a place for them to live. We didn't want to put them in with the big girls because they are kinda grouchy with strangers. We kept the new birds separate to ensure they were healthy. Meanwhile, I started construction of the Banty Coop.
The coop is 4' x 4' x 4'. It is in a 5' x 10' run. I used the same fence that I used in the big chicken run .
I built this coop with ease of maintenance in mind. The front has a large door with a lower section that can be opened separately.
This allows for the use of a deep litter system without the litter falling out every time I open the door, yet will allow for easy cleaning as necessary. The floor of the coop is OSB covered with a fiberglass sheet for ease of cleaning. It is insulated with 1/2" foam insulation.
I installed a light for heat and an electrical outlet because you can never have to many outlets. I put the cover on the switch to discourage unauthorized use of the light.
I have two 2"x2" roosts along the back wall that can be removed, again for cleaning.
I still need to put vents, windows and nest boxes in. I'll update as I go along.
- The Little Red Barn
- › Adding new chicks in the lot 10 seconds ago
- › what is BOSS 11 seconds ago
- › Any dangers with using sand? 13 seconds ago
- › GoldenLaced Polish Question 23 seconds ago
- › A Swede who is not. 23 seconds ago
- › Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!! 29 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 30 seconds ago
- › ~*~Survive The City: A stray Dog RP RESTARTED~*~ 33 seconds ago
- › To Clip or Not to Clip 59 seconds ago
- › @Monsters@ rp (anyone invited!) 1 minute ago
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel