Related Forum Threads
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
The Little Red Barn
Edited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken CoopsEdited on 2/6/13
- Chicken MenagerieEdited on 11/14/12
- Little chicken wagon to move them from the run to the gardenEdited on 10/5/12 More ›
- topicTractor Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Blueridge's Chicken Coop Tractor
This project started with a trailer that needed to be put out to pasture.
I had been looking at pictures of gypsy caravans on the 'net and the idea was born.
We made the coop frame out of odds and ends of lumber, the windows were salvaged.
I sent Michelle to the paint store alone. What was I thinking!
We use T posts to make a large portable yard and move the coop around the pastures.
They are turned in to the garden now and plugged into the barn for the winter
There are 8 nest boxes accessable from outside the coop behind these doors.
There is also storage areas above and below the nest boxes.
the roosts are across the width at the tongue end.
I used roll roofing to cover the top.
Michelle painted a morning glory detail on an end panel
We set the ramp in the open people door in the summer.
In cooler weather we close the big door and use the sliding hatch door
(If the choice were strictly mine the hatch door would be over the trailer tongue)
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 1 minute ago
- › Hen or a Roo? Breed please help 1 minute ago
- › Pygmy Goats 1 minute ago
- › The Legbar Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Silkie thread! 2 minutes ago
- › CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread 2 minutes ago
- › GLW and EE roo?? 3 minutes ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 5 minutes ago
- › Murray McMurray mystery chick 6 minutes ago
- › What breed? 9 minutes ago
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by LeslieDJoyce
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › Ameraucana by starbugs
- › Cornish Cross by cynthiagee
- › La Fleche by theeggbasket
- › Barred Rock by techpeak
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel
- › Maggie's "Fab 6" Brooder by chixrus2013
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper