Related Forum Threads
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
The Little Red Barn
Edited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken CoopsEdited on 2/6/13
- Chicken MenagerieEdited on 11/14/12
- Little chicken wagon to move them from the run to the gardenEdited on 10/5/12 More ›
- topicTractor Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Blueridge's Chicken Coop Tractor
This project started with a trailer that needed to be put out to pasture.
I had been looking at pictures of gypsy caravans on the 'net and the idea was born.
We made the coop frame out of odds and ends of lumber, the windows were salvaged.
I sent Michelle to the paint store alone. What was I thinking!
We use T posts to make a large portable yard and move the coop around the pastures.
They are turned in to the garden now and plugged into the barn for the winter
There are 8 nest boxes accessable from outside the coop behind these doors.
There is also storage areas above and below the nest boxes.
the roosts are across the width at the tongue end.
I used roll roofing to cover the top.
Michelle painted a morning glory detail on an end panel
We set the ramp in the open people door in the summer.
In cooler weather we close the big door and use the sliding hatch door
(If the choice were strictly mine the hatch door would be over the trailer tongue)
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 14 seconds ago
- › Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs 18 seconds ago
- › 2 Dozen Sizzle eggs 33 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 46 seconds ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 1 minute ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 1 minute ago
- › NEW RP!!~Savannah Survival~RP *Accepting Players!!!* 1 minute ago
- › California - Northern 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS Girls 1 minute ago
- › My Peachicks Of 2013 **Will Have Lots Of Pics** 2 minutes ago
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by DeltaBluezTess
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill