Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Bootsuu's Chicken Coop
Boots' chicken experience (now with more crazy)!
It all started with a posting to one of my favorite websites, BoingBoing about how much fun backyard chickens can be. I read the article and then decided it would be fun to learn more. I then joined this site, and did a bit of research on the laws in my city. One I was sufficiently indecisive, i waited... and waited. One day, out of the blue, I got a sign. My favorite radio station, which does pop / rock music had an ad for the local Farmer's Association. It said they had baby chickens. I decided to run on down and check it out.... and then left with 6 of them and all the fixins for raising babies.
Sufficed to say, after a month of raising my babies I realized I needed to get some place for them to live. After staking a claim in my back yard, I found a great spot (yes, they'll be hot in the summer, but in the winter it'll be a perfect spot). Here are the pictures!
Here are the starting / framing pictures:
From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop From Coop
I now just have to get the run built, which is going to be a fun endeavor on its own. I have the materials all set aside, I just don't have the time yet. As of now the chicks are in the coop, living it up.
From Chicks From Chicks
I just took pictures of my run, so here they are! This should show the size and height of the fencing, etc.
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 6 seconds ago
- › What breed is my lead bird? 13 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 14 seconds ago
- › day 22 and no babies yet :( 22 seconds ago
- › Worried about BYC! Anyone feel the same? 25 seconds ago
- › HELP! IDIOT WEED SPRAYER!!! 35 seconds ago
- › Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Blue or Black?? 1 minute ago
- › NEW RP!!~Savannah Survival~RP *Accepting Players!!!* 1 minute ago
- › Newbie here..what type of chicks are these?? 1 minute ago
- › Barnevelder by scwheeler24
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816