Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Chick Charm's Chicken Coop
Rise & Shine Custom Coops
"I would never eat a cows tongue. Gross. Give me an egg". That was a long standing statement by my grandfather (he hated cows tongue) to garner a little chuckle for its humor. It certainly had its effect.
First I bought 10 day olds from the feed store. 5 Red Sex Links and 5 Rhode Island Reds. Sadly one Sex Link didn't make it through the day. So nine birds it was. AT FIRST! Miss Bossy, Scrambled, Brownie, Poached, Little Red Riding Hood, Miss Talk-A-Lot, Cutie Pie, Old Maid and BBQ were their names.
Later we added two Barred Rocks. Salt (smaller of the girls) & Pepper
And of Course the Custom Coops began.
Then we added 5 Brown Leghorns.
Then we started getting what we wanted at 19 weeks old from all our breeds except the Leghorns we got our first egg at 17 weeks.
We love our eggs.
So the love of chickens was born. Then I had to take it to a new level. RISE & SHINE CUSTOM COOPS!
I designed this Hen House and Run Combo for the desert of the SOUTHWEST. Very airy and with a total of 18 windows and ports.
Small Quail Quarters with a small base. I made a much larger run for this but for pictures sake, I made this small base.
I put this Quaint Quail Coop together to try my hand at another great food source....QUAIL! I can't wait for the eggs.
This is my small Quality Quaint Quail Coop. Rustic Cottage style
My 6 yr old had a go at this log cabin chicken coop. Great idea. It is mostly reclaimed wood stakes from a San Diego city park that was throwing them out. So I guess that makes it a truly green coop.
Even came up with this tractor that has worked very well with and without wheels.
Some can be used as a bunn hutch or a makeshift chicken coop. This one is all redwood from top to bottom.
It is actually very fun coming up with newer and better designs. The one on the far right was for Seramas.
This is my SUPER COOP! I make it with a dutch door, just for fun. This one was liked by a local firefighter from Ocean Beach California.
This is my simple coop. I love the Ramp/Door on this coop. I can't believe I thought of this, but hiding the hinges is kinda cool. A former TV broadcaster from El Paso Texas has one of these in her back yard.
Then people from afar started wanting me to drive long distances just to get one of my coops. The traveling was fun for the family I must admit. This is out in Borrego Springs California.
- The Little Red Barn
- › What did your chickens do today? 15 seconds ago
- › ☆☮★ *~Babydoo and Bluebee's Chat thread!~* ★☮☆ 31 seconds ago
- › Dumpster Diving coop with pics. 41 seconds ago
- › ~ Chicks Galore3's Chat Thread ~ 59 seconds ago
- › Hello from Trinidad, CO 1 minute ago
- › Good musicses, preciouses? :) 1 minute ago
- › Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs 1 minute ago
- › barnyard mix - gender? 1 minute ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 1 minute ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 2 minutes ago
- › Bantam-Cochin by ChickenRaiser95
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Silkie by Chickie Mama
- › Brahma by Chickie Mama
- › Leghorn by Lisasfeathers
- › Andalusian by nova022
- › Mini Cup Automatic Waterers by KPenley
- › Barred Rock by applefalls
- › Australorp by applefalls
- › Star by applefalls
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3
- › Coop La Fiesta by jpruett86
- › The Truth About Insuring Hatching Eggs by Poultry Friend
- › Gabe's "budget coop" by GabeStalker
- › Burnsville Minnesota by sn0wwhite
- › ♥♥♥♥A chicken... by OnceInALifeTime