Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Chicken Condominiums: The Main, Chicken Alley And The Nudist Colony
Chicken Condominiums: The Main, Chicken Alley and the Nudist Colony
We live on 1/2 acre right on Main Street in a small agricultural town. We have multiple coops to keep our ladies (and one gentleman) content. Since space is tight, we utilized this small area to the fullest and created our chicken condos.
To the left is the main coop; where I keep buff and blue orpingtons. To the right is the bantam runs. all the runs are now covered with corrugated clear plastic and have grape vines all over them.
Finally, we have our Nudist Colony which is home to a permanently injured naked neck. It is a small run that was created by utilizing the sides of the shed and coops for three of the walls. It was nessecary since our Naked Neck hen was being horribly picked on and ended up injuring her leg.
All the runs are covered above and below ( The Nudist Colony is also now covered above also ) All the chickens go in at night to protect them from predators that can fit through chainlink or may get in/reach over the evening. Most evening they free range before bed time.
The other side of the shed houses rabbits in their pen. They also get shut in at night.
Our coops are small but we tried to use the space as efficently as possible while keeping the clean landscaped feel to the yard. We are very happy with the results-- they chickens are too!
We also have goats and an aviary with doves and finch on our property. The goats-5 pygmy/nigerians- are up on the hill behind the house in a paddock area. There are concrete stairs to the left of the aviary that lead to the top of the hill.
All this on 1/2 an acre on Main Street.
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › |~~**The Chatterbox Chooks Club!!!**~~| 4 seconds ago
- › @Monsters@ rp (anyone invited!) 13 seconds ago
- › Corid - Does it ever NOT work? 32 seconds ago
- › BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders! 57 seconds ago
- › Ducclelover10's chat thread! (Continued) 1 minute ago
- › Some Japanese Bantam questions from a new owner... 1 minute ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 1 minute ago
- › Neighbor says she'll take me to court over coop placement 1 minute ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 1 minute ago
- › California - Northern 2 minutes ago
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › Ameraucana by starbugs
- › Cornish Cross by cynthiagee
- › La Fleche by theeggbasket
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel
- › Maggie's "Fab 6" Brooder by chixrus2013
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop