Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Chicken Coop 5000
Chicken Coop 5000
After buying some chicks at the feed store we discovered they grow REALLY fast!! We decided we needed somewhere to keep them, and quick. Therefore, construction on the chicken coop 5000 started. The chicken coop is 8ft by 4ft and 8 ft tall. It has 6 nesting boxes, which is WAYYY overkill, since they will lay 7-10 eggs all in 1 or 2 boxes. There is a ladder for the chickens to climb up, and lots of roosting space. More roosts have been added since these pics. We can walk in the coop, but have to watch out so we don't smack our heads on the roosts. The nesting boxes are accessible from the outside in the back, but the only one who does it that way is my husband. The pen made of 2X4s and chicken wire is about 25ft X 30ft and covered in deer netting. The 2x4s are already starting to get wobbly now after a 1 1/2 yrs. Next time we will cement posts in. This coop is home to a mix of purebred chickens.
The lesson I learned here was - don't lay your 2X4s upright against the fence on sloping ground. After a trip to the ER and 4-5 staples to the head I learned that lesson.
Here we have managed to get the pen and gate up before the rain.
The inside of the coop. Clean and ready for some chickens.
Almost painted all the way. Shingle packets on the ground for the roof.
Here's my original crew hanging out.
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Dog protection 1 second ago
- › 6 month chickens started and stopped laying 25 seconds ago
- › pearl gray partridge brahma 25 seconds ago
- › Opinions wanted on my chicken coop 45 seconds ago
- › Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* 47 seconds ago
- › Anyone ever buy and use a coop from tractor supply? 1 minute ago
- › Flock follows me around. They are so sweet! 1 minute ago
- › Leg bands 1 minute ago
- › I have two Roosters! Is this a problem? 1 minute ago
- › Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › Ameraucana by starbugs
- › Cornish Cross by cynthiagee
- › La Fleche by theeggbasket
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel
- › Maggie's "Fab 6" Brooder by chixrus2013
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop