Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Chicken Heaven Farms Coop
Chicken Heaven's Coop
We needed a new coop for a couple of reasons.
1. It is a dog pen and the get chickens cold in the winter. It gave our rooster some pretty bad frost bite last year (we sold that roaster because he was mean).
2. On 10/10/10, the lives of 2 Dominiques were taken by what we suspect a mink (R.I.P. Ruby and Goldie).
So, to make sure that doesn't happen again, we got a new coop.
Images of the old coop.
We are going to do a dirt and gravel slab.
A very large tractor brought the coop over. It is an 9x10x10. Here is what we had to do in the mean time.
We started 10/23/10
Tearing down some box elder trees. This is where the coop is going to be placed.
Putting down some rocks, dirt, and gravel.
We had to soak the dirt to level it. We really didn't have to soak it with hose water because a storm came that night with heavy downpours.
Gravel has been laid out and leveled.
Here the coop is on the tractor.
Here are some photos of the inside and outside.
Inside the coop
Daisy, Spikes, Cuitipie.
Chicken laying an egg!
We have 2 lamps set up in the coop. 1 Flourescent lamp for the chickens to lay more eggs in the winter months.
2. Heat lamps, this will keep the chickens warm in the winter months.
Things we would have done differently or we will do sone.
1. We will later be adding wooden floors to the coop. Right now it is juist gravel with layers of straw. It still works out fine.
2. Since this building was made out of old cedar telephone poles, there are some hole that need to be fixed up.
3. Get a new door.
4. Install a vent.
5. We are considering about building a chicken brooder and putting it inside the coop.
We could not have done this without our wonderful birds asking us to do this for them.
Our 3 crossbred RIR Daisy, Spikes, and Cuitipie. Our 3 Langshans, Tonk Hawk, Sumo Wresteler, and Alex. Our 3 Dominiques Pearl, Dorthy, Violet. Our 6 Legorns, Peanut, Georgia, Umbrella Girl, Lucky, Bumpy, Chatty. Our 2 RIR Lucy and the one and only rooaster, Slick Willy.
Thank You for viewing this page!
Chicken Heaven Farm
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › I have to talk POLISH! 2 minutes ago
- › Should I separate hen from flock? 4 minutes ago
- › Sipan jungle foul 5 minutes ago
- › I need Help!!! Is this an EE?? 5 minutes ago
- › How much are you suppossed to feed a chicken everyday? 5 minutes ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 8 minutes ago
- › What gender are these? 9 minutes ago
- › Sell paypal + Bank login + Western Union transfer Shipping 9 minutes ago
- › sell dumps with pin sell cvv good balance 11 minutes ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 12 minutes ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh
- › Hello every one! by Sandstorm495