Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Chicken Nipples Anyone
Sorry about the title of this page... I couldn't help myself! I did a search for chicken nipples online and came up with some pretty crazy things!!!!! Beware if you try to search for these!
Anyway, here is my new waterer for the chickens...
I ordered some chicken water nipples from Kullas here on BYC to make some self contained waterers. After I got them, I went to Fry's (grocery store) and picked up a 4 gallon bucket for free from the bakery (frosting bucket, yummy!). Then I bought one 3/4" pvc pipe at home depot ($1) along with an elbow, a male and female connector and a cap ($1.71) of the same size as the pipe. Here is what I made...
I used a 1" drill bit to cut a hole in the bucket as close to the bottom as I could, but leaving about 1/2" gap for the connector pieces.
I fed the male connector through the hole and connected it to the female connector (they were threaded, so I just screwed them together. I sealed the inside with silicone so that it would not leak. Then I connected a short piece of pipe to the female connector. The elbow went on the end of that.
Then I took my main piece of pvc pipe (cut to my desired length) and used a torch to heat up one of the nipples so that I could melt a hole in the pipe to the perfect size I needed. I made 5 holes for 5 nipples. Then I put the nipples together and threaded them through the pipe.
I then connected the pipe to the elbow and put the cap on the end. I was very careful not to tip the pipe so the weights in the nipples didn't fall out.
And there you go!
In the summer you can just drop a frozen 2 liter bottle in the bucket to keep their water cool.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions...
Thanks for visiting my page!!!
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 5 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 20 seconds ago
- › Stella's Social Club 26 seconds ago
- › soft-shelled egg 30 seconds ago
- › Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome! 35 seconds ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 35 seconds ago
- › California - Northern 36 seconds ago
- › Slaves/Master RP (Restart) 1 minute ago
- › Fun Hatchery Surprise! - What breeds? 1 minute ago
- › How long we're your chicks in the mail? 1 minute ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill