Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Damummis's Chicken Coop
Heavens Half Acre
We are a small farm on an island on the Maine Coast.
It all started 2 years ago when we decided to get a few hens. That year a few hens ended up being 3 comets, 3 EE'rs, 1 Plymouth Barred Rock and a dozen meaties.
The Coop was built out of a recycled gym floor. Wood that was dumped off by a neighbor heading to Florida for the summer. Built on a 4'X6' frame. Completely covered with chicken wire and hardware cloth. This past month we removed the tractor that was attached to it by hooks and could be removed an dragged around the yard on skids, and put the coop in a permanent run made from two 6'X10' dog kennels that were taken apart and reassembled into one big run.
The run has a 4" deep gravel bed with chicken wire laid out over the whole bottom topped with sand. We use hay and wood shavings sprinkled throughout.
Since we first started we have given the first flock to a young family and now have Cochins.
- The Little Red Barn
- › The Q&A Game! 4 seconds ago
- › Help with Duramycin-10! 5 seconds ago
- › Hullo from a soon to be mum 7 seconds ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 12 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 27 seconds ago
- › Antics and age 28 seconds ago
- › *~*Runner Duck Club*~* 34 seconds ago
- › CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing 36 seconds ago
- › new to chicks and have LOTS of questions!!! 41 seconds ago
- › Howdy Y'all Fom Texas 42 seconds ago
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ