Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Do It Yourself Chicken Feeder
As a new chicken owner I realized that once my chickens (6 Araucanas) were outside and growing faster than ever I would have to fill their old chicken feeder daily. Which is OK, but I didn't have the time.
I found that most commercial feeders at the store cost around $30. I wanted to see if I could build my own for less than that.
So I went to Wal-Mart. :)
I bought one five gallon plastic bucket and two lids.
I then drilled a series of wholes around the bottom.
I then placed some spare plywood that I had on the bucket. The layer of wood is about 1" think.
I then screwed the lid to the bottom of the bucket through the plywood.
This shows you how the layers look.
This is the finished "DIY" feeder and the old feeder I had in the brooder box. The waterer in the back is a 1 gallon waterer.
When it's all assembled it holds about 25lbs of chicken feed which lasts my six chickens about three weeks. I do have to come out and shake it occasionally, but I'm out there with them anyway so it's not really a problem.
All I had to buy were the two lids and the bucket. I got them from the painting supply section of Wal-Mart.
I had the left-over plywood from another house project.
The total cost of this project was about $7.50.
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › 9week old orp hen pecks me when I hold any chick other than her!... 13 seconds ago
- › Worried!!! Please Help! Corid Question 15 seconds ago
- › peachick w/ heavy blood loss 21 seconds ago
- › Official BYC Caption Contest 06/17/2013 – Picture by Irishgirl 26 seconds ago
- › Adding ducks to chickens? 31 seconds ago
- › Heritage & Exhibition Turkey Thread 35 seconds ago
- › for tapeworms can I go right to panacu/fenbendazole? 41 seconds ago
- › Canis Lupus Animagus RP | ... 57 seconds ago
- › Silkie thread! 1 minute ago
- › New Jersey 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen