Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Do It Yourself Chicken Feeder
As a new chicken owner I realized that once my chickens (6 Araucanas) were outside and growing faster than ever I would have to fill their old chicken feeder daily. Which is OK, but I didn't have the time.
I found that most commercial feeders at the store cost around $30. I wanted to see if I could build my own for less than that.
So I went to Wal-Mart. :)
I bought one five gallon plastic bucket and two lids.
I then drilled a series of wholes around the bottom.
I then placed some spare plywood that I had on the bucket. The layer of wood is about 1" think.
I then screwed the lid to the bottom of the bucket through the plywood.
This shows you how the layers look.
This is the finished "DIY" feeder and the old feeder I had in the brooder box. The waterer in the back is a 1 gallon waterer.
When it's all assembled it holds about 25lbs of chicken feed which lasts my six chickens about three weeks. I do have to come out and shake it occasionally, but I'm out there with them anyway so it's not really a problem.
All I had to buy were the two lids and the bucket. I got them from the painting supply section of Wal-Mart.
I had the left-over plywood from another house project.
The total cost of this project was about $7.50.
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › Turkey recovery from blackhead! 4 seconds ago
- › is this a fetus in my egg? 6 seconds ago
- › agressive chicks - help! 24 seconds ago
- › Late Winter Quilt Block Swap -----> March 1 due date 26 seconds ago
- › What did your chickens do today? 26 seconds ago
- › Chickenfan4life & Company: Chickenfan4life's Chat Club! 33 seconds ago
- › Moving a setting hen? 57 seconds ago
- › First hatch! Mystery eggs! 1 minute ago
- › Does this chick look ok? Please help! 1 minute ago
- › New Male Button Quail Problem.... 1 minute ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS