Related Forum Threads
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
The Little Red Barn
Edited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken CoopsEdited on 2/6/13
- Chicken MenagerieEdited on 11/14/12
- Little chicken wagon to move them from the run to the gardenEdited on 6/9/13 More ›
- topicTractor Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Elwar's Chicken Coop Tractor
Ok, I started my chicken run/tractor. It's 4'X8'X3H
This is where the run will end up.
The dogs watched but weren't much help.
Got it standing and added some supports for stability.
Door frame for connector to the raised coop.
Painted before the hardware cloth goes on.
added a hinged opening
hardware cloth on, roof and ramp added
Was about to add the wheels but the bolts were too short.
I took pictures with my other phone of the coop construction...I'll get those eventually
Here's the inside with the perch and vynl layed down.
I have three open sides with each side able to open up. The coop is 4X4X4 raised about 3 feet.
I created a large box for shavings lined in vynl, removable for ease of cleaning.
Box slides right in...I have a couple of LED lights in there for nightlights.
The opening to the nest boxes is on the right.
View from the opened nest box, added hay and golf balls to help things along.
Beginning of my "tunnel" going from coop to tractor.
Set a few stairs...
Painted with an outdoor paint to seal up the wood.
I enclosed the whole tunnel in hardware cloth, using roofer nails to nail it on.
That's an automatic waterer in the chicken run to slowly fill up with water all day...it's made for dogs but it works well.
Still need to fix the opening for the run, I didn't paint it to seal it soon enough. And I need to get the roof finished.
Also...automatic door and a food feeder so I can leave home for a few days.
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › Albino Quail 12 seconds ago
- › May 4x6 Pallet Coop Build 50 seconds ago
- › twin sitters 52 seconds ago
- › Pekin Tips 59 seconds ago
- › new goal: learning to "eat my yard" 1 minute ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › Official BYC Caption Contest 06/17/2013 – Picture by Irishgirl 2 minutes ago
- › Good Pets??? 2 minutes ago
- › Found a Chihuahua! 2 minutes ago
- › Favorite thing YOUR chickens do! 3 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Blue Moon Pack... by IceFire
- › How to Prepare a Chicken for Showing by Whittni
- › kiomey's swapstuffs by Kiomey
- › Our Mobile Coop Project (lots of pics) by slroxie
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres