Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
Les Farms - The Barn of all BARNS!
Edited on 6/6/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - Expansion
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Gracefulspice's Chicken Coop
Greetings, I've never done a personal page before, but it sounds like fun. I have lots to tell, and now that BYC made it so I can add extra pages , I think I can make this rather organized.
* About Me---> My name is Denise I'm married to my husband Tom we have a daughter together we named Paige Victoria, she's 4, soon to be 5 in Sept. I gave birth to her on my b-day so we celebrate our b-days together. I'm 37 going on 25.
Yes, That's me in the picture playing violin for my girls.
Sorry picture is pretty dark
*My Hobbies----> My newest Hobbie of course are my chickens, I got interested in them from a friend, I had no idea they had personalitys. I had to get some of my own. I did alot of research on chickens before I got my girls, that's how I found BYC and I've been here ever since. I also got interested in violin about a year ago, taught myself at first , now I go for lessions 2x a month. I mostly play Irish & Bluegrass tunes. I also enjoy yard work and working with herbs making oils and using them in my kitchen.
My Job----> I've been a pet groomer for over 15 years. Notice I said "pet" I not only groom dogs, I also do cats, rabbits, horses, and now my chickens. Alot of people think my job is fun. "I get to play with animals all day" Let me tell you it's not. You have to be quite strong to lift those large dogs. There's never anyone avaible to help lift them when you need them too. You get bit quite often. You have to be of sound mind at all times. It is very stressful to give an animal a haircut when all they do is wiggle. You have to try to explain to an owner that I can not give her dog the hair cut she wants because she did not brush the dog. You get to clean up a pet that lives outdoors and comes in spring for that once a year hair cut that sticks so bad it makes your eyes water and gives you a headache. You also get to pick up after those that I swear are not house trained as much as the owner says they are. I stay with the job because of my love for animals. And it's the only way to make ends meet. I'm training a girl right now and she's a natural just like I was. So at least now I have help and can get twice as many done in one day to keep clients happy. With that being said, please remember to tip your pet groomer. They deserve it !!!
I'm not done yet. I didn't know it would take this much time. I'll be adding more with pictures soon.
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › Turkeys For 2013 just now
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 15 seconds ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 21 seconds ago
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon ... 39 seconds ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 41 seconds ago
- › Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone?? 49 seconds ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 55 seconds ago
- › Is incubation time for eggs the same when they're under a broody... 1 minute ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh