Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Harleena's Laundry Bucket Waterer
Laundry Bucket Waterer
We've been using this waterer for a few months now, and I love that the water stays clean!
laundry soap bucket with lid [recycled]
nipple waterers from FarmTek.com [$2 each, plus shipping]
PVC pipe & fittings & glue [$5?]
rubber washers & silicone sealant
bricks & some wire
First, I drilled a hole in the bottom of the bucket for the PVC fitting. The threaded end gets a washer on it and then goes inside the bucket (washer not pictured).
The other end inside gets a washer and another fitting screwed on. I like that the PVC fitting is raised up from the floor of the bucket to keep out any sediment that might get in.
I drilled holes in the PVC pipe for the water nipples and screwed them in. Then I glued a cap on the end of the line. I tested them with water and they leaked, so I put silicone sealant around the base of each one.
I attached the nippler pipe to the bucket using other PVC fittings and glue. (This was like a puzzle at the supply store!) I can unscrew the nippler pipe from the line to clean it out, if necessary.
I carefully put the nippler line through the cage wire and then set the bucket on top of two bricks placed on their sides to leave room for the PVC pipe underneath. This, on top of two cinder blocks, seems to be a good height for the hens. (When I get a picture of the hens using the waterer, I'll post it.) I used wire to hold up the end of the nippler line in case someone decided to perch on it.
I just fill the bucket with a hose, put the lid on, and my hens have a clean supply of water! You can also add a small block of ice to the bucket in the hot summer months.
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › Should I get a rooster? 5 seconds ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 18 seconds ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 18 seconds ago
- › Moving day 28 seconds ago
- › Slaves/Master RP (Restart) 34 seconds ago
- › looking for a coop 43 seconds ago
- › New to chicks please help 47 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 52 seconds ago
- › im new and confussed 1 minute ago
- › Canadian goslings 1 minute ago
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › Barnevelder by scwheeler24
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P