Hatching Eggs 101
Edited on 5/21/13
- York Feather Factory-IncubatorEdited on 4/13/12
- Homemade IncubatorEdited on 3/16/13
- Musical Incubator
Alphabetical Article List
High Explosives Incubator
Got your attention did I? Well here's how I turned an explosives crate into an incubator.
This is my box. I found it at a thrift store. It was priced at 12 dollars, which seemed awfully high for a crate. However, when I saw it was an old explosives crate, I had to have it. I knew it would be the perfect size for an incubator. So I coughed up.
It even still had it's lid boards.
I cleaned it out and used 1/2 inch foam board to make a liner. I cut the foam board with a drywall saw and covered the edges with aluminum tape.
Here is the liner inside the box.
I'm heating the 'bator with light bulbs. I'm using one socket with a splitter, in case one goes out. The thermostat is a water heater thermostat, but I hope to get a wafer thermostat one day. The shelf is just a barbecue vegetable tray that I nipped down to the right size, and I'm using a computer fan for air movement. I've got an accurite thermometer and hygrometer and a back up old fashioned thermometer. I've checked the calibration on the hygrometer and it is accurate to 1%.
Now all that's left is to put it together!
- York Feather Factory-Incubator
- › Help! Peachick hatching 5 seconds ago
- › Official BYC Caption Contest 06/17/2013 – Picture by Irishgirl 29 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 39 seconds ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 41 seconds ago
- › help..... 45 seconds ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 48 seconds ago
- › --Happy Houdan's Chat Thread-- 55 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 58 seconds ago
- › Proud moments-foraging ducklings! 1 minute ago
- › Blind Baby Duck? 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh