Hatching Eggs 101
Edited on 5/21/13
- York Feather Factory-IncubatorEdited on 4/13/12
- High Explosives IncubatorEdited on 4/4/12
- Homemade Incubator
Alphabetical Article List
Incubator March 2010
Six White Silkie Eggs Set March 15th, 2010.
This is an incubator we threw together very quickly.
A local pet store gave us the cooler from a recent shipment of live fish.
Heat Regulation - The hot water heater is the cheap one from HD mounted ~2" above a 60W bulb in a socket i scrapped out of an old lamp.
Several holes were drilled on top above the eggs and several holes were drilled below the light.
Barrier b/n chicks and heat/fan - Scrap Hardware Wire sewn together with thin wire. Tin foil was wrapped around this cage where it would block direct light on eggs. a 1" gap was left at bottom to allow circulation.
Drinking straw from 32oz mug is used to feed a water bowl with sponge. sponge will be taken out at day 18 to increase RH to ~80%.
Viewing window - the glass used is from picture frames around the house.
Manual Egg Turner - looking at both photos one can make out the contraption we've made to turn the eggs by simply inserting and removing an object below the paint stirrer. EASY
Disregard the monitor in the bator. i had just set the eggs. T - 99F and RH = 55%.
- York Feather Factory-Incubator
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 14 seconds ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 29 seconds ago
- › HELP!!! My BUFF ORPINGTON rooster attacked me! What do i do?! 50 seconds ago
- › North Carolina 1 minute ago
- › Breeds? 1 minute ago
- › I'm at a loss 1 minute ago
- › Coop pics**** 2 minutes ago
- › Chickies, Chickies, Chickies!! Meet the new additions! (Pic heavy!) 2 minutes ago
- › Girls vs Girls 2 minutes ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 2 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill