Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- The Duck Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:09 pm in Ducks
- Golden Neck genetics? Last post on 2/7/12 at 5:50pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- What is this? Last post on 1/24/12 at 1:36pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
Edited on 2/6/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Bantam Ark
Alphabetical Article List
jespere's Member Page
We started building the new coop! Its a 6x3 tractor with a slanted tin roof and coop with nesting boxes and a roost. So excited!! Here are the plans:
After cutting the major pieces and starting to notch all the lap joints... plus a close up of the notches.
This is a close up of the lap joint after being glued and attached. Notice the seamstress notations! *My addition* to his carpentry skills. :)
Hard at work rasping and filing!
Things are starting to come together!!
Starting to paint!!
Got the walls cut and fitted for the Hen house. Next is to paint and attach them. We are saving that door until last...
Just another view. Notice that the side wall goes all the way down to the bottom of the coop. We were not going to keep that but they love sitting in there in the temp coop.
And, one of the ladies checking out the new digs! She was confused to say the least but it looked like a good curious confusion.
We fitted the roof slats and finished painting last week. Last night, we attached the first section of hardware cloth. Hopefully, the ladies should be enjoying the new coop by tonight!!!
Tin roof held on with 3/4 inch roofing screws (rubber seal).
The ramp, being held on with an eye and hook assembly that came with the screen door assembly
(we only used the hinges and will add the handles after the trim)
The Finished Chicken Mansion!!!
And, with the coop door open (french doors!)
Yes, those are icicle lights
She's not too sure about this ramp thing ... but she'll get there.
Thanks for looking!!
- The Little Red Barn
- › Easter Egger: Pullet or Roo? 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with the sex of these chickens 5 minutes ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 6 minutes ago
- › 20 Mille Fleur Leghorns hatching eggs (SHIPPING INCLUDED) 7 minutes ago
- › Could I bother just once more?Is this a Roo? 8 minutes ago
- › At what age are muffs visible on EE's, Ameraucanas and Araucanas? 8 minutes ago
- › Found a baby bird. Any help would be appreciated. 8 minutes ago
- › sell cvv, gift card, paypal, vpn 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing chicks to the flock 9 minutes ago
- › My Coop, My Flock, My Geese, My Quail, My Chicks, My Doves.......Oh... 10 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Blue Moon Pack... by IceFire
- › How to Prepare a Chicken for Showing by Whittni
- › kiomey's swapstuffs by Kiomey
- › Our Mobile Coop Project (lots of pics) by slroxie
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres