Related Forum Threads
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
The Little Red Barn
Edited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken CoopsEdited on 2/6/13
- Chicken MenagerieEdited on 11/14/12
- Little chicken wagon to move them from the run to the gardenEdited on 10/5/12 More ›
- topicTractor Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Jims Large Backyard Coop
Our coops are custom built for you at our Monticello, Arkansas farm.
What started as a project for ourselves has evolved into building our coops for others.
The Economy Backyard Coop is 4' x 8'. Interior is 2' x 4'. This gives you a total of 4' x 10' of useable covered floor space. This coop will hold 6-10 laying hens. This will depend on the breed. Buyer must specify if for large fowl or Bantams. The Economy Backyard Coop comes with lawn mower wheels on one end, so you can lift the other end and move it around your yard.
The Large Backyard Coop is 6' x 10'. Interior is 6' x 4', this gives you a total of 6' x 14' of useable covered space. This coop will hold 10-20 laying hens. This will depend on the breed. Buyer must specify which breed. Extra large breeds require a different size nest and entry. Wheels are extra, or we will install your wheels at no charge.
Our customer chose to use a wood preserving stain and requested metal on the bottom to keep out their own pets.
Corragated metal cost us an extra $50. We will install the bottom metal for its cost.
buffbeauty's Large Backyard Coop
buffbeauty's Large Backyard Coop before she stained it.
buffbeauty's Large Backyard Coop under construction.
Mona's Large Backyard Coop (in rear; front coop is Julie's economy coop).
There are some extras fees do to cost of materials:Corragated metal on bottom: $50
Spring hinges (for entry gate): $35
Insulation of interior and/or roof: $20
Wheels: cost of wheels or we will install your wheels for no extra charge.
Delivery fee: reimbursement of fuel cost plus $10 per hour. Will deliver anywhere!
4' x 8' Economy Backyard Coop: $3006'x10' Large Backyard Coop: $500
Or can custom build to your needs, at our farm or your backyard!
Jim’s Farm Stand
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › Newbie Here from Indiana 16 seconds ago
- › Changing Throop's Chicken and Duck Laws 1 minute ago
- › Chickens Hide Outside At Night 1 minute ago
- › New Hampshire Breed Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Old and Rare Breeds 2 minutes ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 3 minutes ago
- › What religion do you belong to? 8 minutes ago
- › what other birds can be housed with Red Golden Pheasants? 9 minutes ago
- › Younger Guy Saying Hello from Alabama! 10 minutes ago
- › Tucker56 11 minutes ago
- › Rhode Island by Chicken Goddess
- › Frizzle by TheCrazyClucker
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › A shift in the pecking order... by ll
- › Lane Family Duck Coop by NicoleL
- › Bill`s Chicken Farm by BillysFlock
- › My Funny Farm! by anastasiamarie
- › My Golden Palace by MEMama3
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315