Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Laurelridgedreams's Chicken Coop
Laurel Ridge Coop and Run
Our 6x8 coop began as a senior project by one of our high school students.
Weather was an issue and we had to wait four months before transporting it home.
Arrival was April of 2010.
The interior was unfinished and their were nails sticking through the the siding that needed to be covered.
Working on the interior was great fun and a challenge for me. My husband was recuperating from shoulder surgery. He taught me to use power tools, and was patient with my learning curve. It was difficult for him to watch me struggle with what for him would have been so easy:)
Screen door was added and what a great decision that has been.
We removed the original playhouse door and built the pop door. With the addition of the inside ramp, the coop was ready for our long awaited pullets.
Next challenge was the run and I didn't dig the post holes. Our nephew helped us with that.
We built a tunnel from the coop to the run...
and stained the coop.
Recent additions have been burlap to the north and west sides of the run...
and a barn quilt on the back side.
Having too much fun in the mountains of North Carolina!
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) just now
- › Prayers for Oklahoma!!! 15 seconds ago
- › Introducing new chickens... 22 seconds ago
- › Dog protection 33 seconds ago
- › |~~**The Chatterbox Chooks Club!!!**~~| 1 minute ago
- › By request My Chick nipple water Walk-through (With pics) 2 minutes ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 3 minutes ago
- › Showing a little love to cconly.com 3 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 3 minutes ago
- › May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › Ameraucana by starbugs
- › Cornish Cross by cynthiagee
- › La Fleche by theeggbasket
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel
- › Maggie's "Fab 6" Brooder by chixrus2013
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown