Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I have been breeding Black Copper Marans for three years now. I absolutely love this magnificent breed. It was a rough start due to the fact that some breeders are less than ethical in their handling of their products. Originally I spent over $100 on a dozen hatching eggs and was rewarded with the six chicks in the below photo. Since then I have had great success in my breeding program and recently won my first time entry in the Big Bird Classic show in Arkansas. I am very happy with my third place award and am looking forward to a blue ribbon next year!!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- 6 + FERTILE EGGS Beautiful MARANS Last post on 11/4/13 at 8:29am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- Free Eggs Just pay shipping 12+ Bantam 3 different breeds, Olive Eggers,Welsummer,Cuckoo marans Last post on 2/3/13 at 8:55am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP Last post on 3/22/14 at 3:53pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- Auction: Chocolates you Crave - A variety pack of Blue, Black, Splash Marans & possibly a... Last post on 2/13/13 at 10:06am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Hatching Dark Eggs
Last edited: 3/30/13
- Marans AllLast edited: 1/10/12
- Marans Cuckoo By LittlecreekfarmLast edited: 1/10/12
- Marans Black Copper Marans
- itemMaranstagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Marans Black Copper
- Marans All
Currently, there are 1005 Active Users (150 Members and 855 Guests)
- › Look what I found yesterday! 45 seconds ago
- › Need Bumblefoot/Infection Help Please 1 minute ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 1 minute ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 2 minutes ago
- › September Hatch-A-Long 3 minutes ago
- › How to keep sebastopol geese from getting angel wings... 4 minutes ago
- › Is it okay to lock down duck eggs a day or two early? 4 minutes ago
- › injured chicken that "yawns" 7 minutes ago
- › The Secrets of the Experiments 7 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 7 minutes ago
- › Winter Chicken Keeping
- › My Guinea Adventure!
- › Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic: Two of the...
- › handyhens little flock
- › I think I want chickens
- › Atomic Powers Member Page
- › What should I do with that old trampoline?
- › Quacks, Honks, And Clucks ~ A Duck, Goose,...
- › Hildy's Chicken Deluxe
- › Almost finished small coop, pen