Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I have been breeding Black Copper Marans for three years now. I absolutely love this magnificent breed. It was a rough start due to the fact that some breeders are less than ethical in their handling of their products. Originally I spent over $100 on a dozen hatching eggs and was rewarded with the six chicks in the below photo. Since then I have had great success in my breeding program and recently won my first time entry in the Big Bird Classic show in Arkansas. I am very happy with my third place award and am looking forward to a blue ribbon next year!!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- 6 + FERTILE EGGS Beautiful MARANS Last post on 11/4/13 at 8:29am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- Free Eggs Just pay shipping 12+ Bantam 3 different breeds, Olive Eggers,Welsummer,Cuckoo marans Last post on 2/3/13 at 8:55am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP Last post on 3/22/14 at 3:53pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- Auction: Chocolates you Crave - A variety pack of Blue, Black, Splash Marans & possibly a... Last post on 2/13/13 at 10:06am in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Hatching Dark Eggs
Last edited: 3/30/13
- Marans AllLast edited: 1/10/12
- Marans Cuckoo By LittlecreekfarmLast edited: 1/10/12
- Marans Black Copper Marans
- itemMaranstagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Marans Black Copper
- Marans All
Currently, there are 1358 Active Users (191 Members and 1167 Guests)
- › Freezing rain concerns 6 seconds ago
- › Duck Ratio Help? 9 seconds ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 32 seconds ago
- › Ontario - Canada - anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Turkeys biting each other help! 1 minute ago
- › When will she lay? 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS Girls 2 minutes ago
- › Moving Forward- Breeding for Resistance to Marek's Disease 2 minutes ago
- › What's with your user name? And what about that avatar? 2 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 2 minutes ago
- › Ashley & Philippe & Jade's Coop...
- › My 6 Chooks
- › My friendly chickens
- › Missy/Tammy's First Time Flock
- › Snappy (The Gold Link hen)
- › - *_+ ♥ - *_ + Peep peep peep's...
- › Johnson Run
- › Chicken Coloring Book For Preschoolers
- › -+-♥-+-♥~Frindizzle's and...
- › mama aflack coop inspierd me to build this...