Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
My Mini Coop
My Mini Coop
Hi, I am building this coop for my 2 little girls. We are hoping to house 6-8 Silkies in here.
It is approximately 4'x8' with a run below the coop that is 2' high.
I also put two 2x2's spaced evenly across the width to help support the floor.
This is my painting crew.
Here it is with second coat of paint & you can see the 10"x10" chicken door in the floor. The rod sticking out the left side works a 3/8 thick piece of plexy glass that I used for the door.
Here it is with one of the 22"x29" door/windows installed. There will be one on the other end also.
On this side is where I will later this summer put some external nesting boxes.
View from the inside. You can see at the top of the picture the 2" gap where the vinted ridge cap will go for ventilation.
In this picture I still need to put 1/2" hardware cloth on the gate, hardware cloth & a 1x4 on the other end & trim along the gables of both ends.
Yay!! It's done & in place in the front yard.
Just a picture of the run.
This shows the eye bolt & carabiner I use to hold the door/window up.
This is the latch I put on to keep the chicken door locked. I just used the standard kind because a predator would have to unlock it slide the door open & then get inside the run.
Here you see the ramp. It's a 2x6 with 3/4 x 1" cleats spaced 3 1/2" apart.
OK everyone this is Chuck. Chuck is a certified run inspector & this run passed.
I think he's a little jealous.
- The Little Red Barn
- › ☆☮★ *~Babydoo and Bluebee's Chat thread!~* ★☮☆ 3 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 14 seconds ago
- › mix breed chicks 21 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 38 seconds ago
- › Help, need advice soon...does a Peahen know to leave her nest if... 51 seconds ago
- › What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here! 1 minute ago
- › The Front Porch Swing 1 minute ago
- › Do Geese ever get divorced? 2 minutes ago
- › Boys VS Girls 2 minutes ago
- › New in Mid-Tennessee 2 minutes ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh