Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Newpeepmama's Chicken Coop
- This is my first small coop i built for my 4 pullets...Peep, Wilma Shirley and Baby.
This is their outside run...its not a large area but they are aloud to free range for a while every day..
Here's the framing for the coop..very basic..my first time framing anything...didnt really know what i was doing-and had a hard time getting things square and level..but i got it..
Here it is almost done.
All together i spent around $125...used lots of 2x4s and 2 sheets of plywood..and 3 sheets of metal roofing...i covered the run so they could still come out in the rain...the back of the nests open up to collect eggs...they have a window with a flower box and venilation on the other side. I put a small bench at the end and my two boys love sitting there and watching the chickens...i would like to add another coop about the same size at the other end and make the run between longer..maybe next spring i can get to that.
Here's Caleb sitting watching the girls.
This is Baby-i think-we cant tell her and Peep apart..isnt she pretty?!
- The Little Red Barn
- › Chat N Chicknfun Thread 1 second ago
- › Boys VS Girls 9 seconds ago
- › 'You people' and your forum! 26 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 40 seconds ago
- › still air bater, any luck? 44 seconds ago
- › Cali quail keep dying 46 seconds ago
- › California - Northern 58 seconds ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 1 minute ago
- › muscovy ducklings pipping 1 minute ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 1 minute ago
- › Brabanter by mtmimi777
- › Orpington (Buff)-319 by marvun22
- › Indian Runner by marvun22
- › Rouen by marvun22
- › Khaki Campbell by marvun22
- › Pekin by marvun22
- › Bantam-Cochin by ChickenRaiser95
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Silkie by Chickie Mama
- › Brahma by Chickie Mama
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3
- › Coop La Fiesta by jpruett86