Sec. 2930. Propagating permits.
(a) Authorization. - No person shall propagate any game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal which is presently found in a wild state within this Commonwealth for the purpose of sale, barter, gift or other transfer of possession, or offer to sell or barter, unless that person has first obtained a permit from the commission authorizing the propagation of a game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal.
(b) Form. - Each propagating permit shall name the species covered by the permit and shall contain such other information and be in such form as the commission shall designate.
(c) Pens, shelters and enclosures. - The commission shall adopt regulations concerning the type and size of pens, shelters and enclosures used for propagating any species of game or wildlife. All pens, shelters or enclosures used to hold game or wildlife under authority of a propagating permit shall provide for the health and comfort of the game or wildlife and be designed to protect the public, confine the species designated on the permit and exclude any species of game or wildlife which might be present in the wild.
(d) Marking game or wild birds. - No person shall sell, barter, give away or otherwise transfer possession, or offer to sell or barter, any game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal raised or held under authority of a propagating permit unless that game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal is marked by any one of the following alternative methods:
(1) A toe shall be clipped from the right foot before reaching six weeks of age.
(2) A marker shall be furnished by the commission at a reasonable cost. The markers must be attached in compliance with commission regulations no later than six weeks of age.
(3) On delivery of any live game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal the permittee shall prepare and deliver to the shipper, purchaser or consignee a receipt, detailed invoice or consignment document which shall include the date, name and address of purchaser or person to whom sold or consigned, the quantity, sex and species of the game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal and the name, address and permit number of the permittee.
(4) Immediately prior to delivery and removal from the licensed premises of any local game bird, wild bird, game animal or wild animal, the permittee shall place the dead wild bird or dead wild animal, or part thereof, in a package or container, or shall attach thereto a label, which package, container or label shall have printed upon it the name, address and permit number of the permittee who produced the wild bird or wild animal. The permittee shall also issue a receipt, detailed invoice or consignment document which shall include the date of shipment or sale, the name of the shipper, purchaser or consignee, the quantity, sex and species of the animal or bird so shipped or sold and the name and address and permit number of the permittee shipping, consigning or selling the wild birds or animals. No dead wild bird or dead wild animal produced under the authority of the propagating permit shall be removed from its package or container or shall have removed from it the label provided for in this paragraph, except immediately prior to final consumption.
(5) Any reasonable method approved by the director.
(e) Disposition of game or wildlife. - Where game or wildlife of any kind is raised or eggs of game or wild birds are produced on premises under authority of a propagating permit, game or eggs and the plumage or pelts or hides of birds or animals may be sold or given away, and birds or animals may be shipped alive or may be killed within the enclosure, for sale or gift, without regard to sex or numbers, at any time of the year. A dealer or third person who arranges any trades, sales or purchases set forth in this subsection for any type of fee, reimbursement or commission shall be required to have and produce, on demand, the receipt, invoice or consignment document required under subsections (d) and (f).
(f) Receipt for shipping game or wildlife. - Each shipment of eggs, pelts, birds or animals, living or dead, or parts of birds or animals, raised or held under authority of a propagating permit shall be accompanied by a receipt, detailed invoice or consignment document issued by the permittee describing the shipment and stating the origin of the shipment, date, what is being shipped, propagating permit number, destination and any other information which may be required by the director. The receipt, detailed invoice or consignment document shall be available for examination during normal business hours until the shipment reaches its final destination at which time it becomes part of the consignee's record and must be retained for three years.
(f.1) Seasons and bag limits.--All species of game, other than those specified on the permit, found within the licensed enclosure covered by the propagating permit may be taken within the licensed enclosure only under the general provisions of this title governing seasons and bag limits.
(g) Unlawful acts. - It is unlawful to:
(1) Have any game or wildlife in possession without the required permit receipt, detailed invoice or consignment document.
(2) Violate any of the provisions of this section or regulations pertaining to this section.
(h) Penalty. - A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.
Cross References. Section 2930 is referred to in section 2965 of this title.
|Pennsylvania Game Commission
2001 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9797
E-Mail Comments and Suggestions to the Game Commission: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information & Education
|Wildlife Habitat Management
|Automotive and Procurement
|Automated Technology Services
|PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION REGIONAL OFFICES|
Butler | Clarion | Crawford | Erie | Forest | Jefferson | Lawrence | Mercer | Venango | Warren
Post Office Box 31
Allegheny | Armstrong | Beaver | Cambria | Fayette | Greene | Indiana | Somerset | Washington | Westmoreland
4820 Route 711
Cameron | Centre | Clearfield | Clinton | Elk | Lycoming | McKean | Potter | Tioga | Union
Post Office Box 5038
Adams | Bedford | Blair | Cumberland | Franklin | Fulton | Huntingdon | Juniata | Mifflin | Perry | Snyder
8627 William Penn Highway
Bradford | Carbon | Columbia | Lackawanna | Luzerne | Monroe | Montour | Northumberland | Pike | Sullivan | Susquehanna | Wayne | Wyoming
Post Office Box 220
Berks | Bucks | Chester | Dauphin | Delaware | Lancaster | Lebanon | Lehigh | Montgomery | Northampton | Philadelphia | Schuylkill | York
448 Snyder Road