Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Barred Plymouth Rock was developed in New England around the middle of the 19th Century. Most people believe it was created by crossing various breeds, such as Black Javas, Cochins, and Dominiques. However it was created, the Barred Plymouth Rock is a very popular breed in America since it's dual-purpose. Good meat, good eggs, and from my experience, A GREAT ATTITUDE! Barred Rocks make wonderful pet chickens and if kept with huamn contact for the first parts of their life, can be tamer then a furry kitten!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- my chickens Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:06pm in New Member Introductions
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 11/17/14 at 10:14am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Top 5 Backyard Chicken Breeds Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:59pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks Chickens
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock Black And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock By Chickencrazy4ever
- itemPlymouth Rocktagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Plymouth Rock Barred
- Plymouth Rock Blue
Currently, there are 1697 Active Users (305 Members and 1392 Guests)
- › *`~ Frindizzle's and Peep peep peep's Fantastic Chat Thread!~`*... 18 seconds ago
- › California - Northern 30 seconds ago
- › ~~Love and War~~ An action adventure RP (Role Play) 35 seconds ago
- › A birthday cake for chickens! 1 minute ago
- › Mealworm farming 1 minute ago
- › Everything and Anything 1 minute ago
- › The Harry Potter Fan Club!! 1 minute ago
- › Arkansas Blue egg layers 1 minute ago
- › Americano Blue Chat thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › New world, new chickens 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by applebutter14
- › Buff orpington egg laying ducks by mymilliefleur
- › Red Sex Link by mojoejoe
- › Pekin by nova022
- › 11 lb Plastic Hanging Feeder by HighStreetCoop
- › Chicken Fountain Automatic Waterer by HighStreetCoop
- › Wyandotte by girlyhurley
- › Rouen by mymilliefleur
- › bantam ameraucana by yardbird88
- › The Illustrated Guide to Chickens: How to Choose Them, How to Keep... by Chickenchick11
- › ~Age of Orcs~ Members Page
- › ~Love and War~ Member Page
- › Deluxe West Texas Coop!
- › Brooding and Raising Turkey Poults
- › Cathy's Poultry and Stuff
- › Scrunch and the gang!
- › The Shifting War Member Page
- › Poult's Flock Of Never Ending Coexistence
- › What in the world happened here?????
- › The Young Guinea - 6 weeks to 3 months old