Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Barred Plymouth Rock was developed in New England around the middle of the 19th Century. Most people believe it was created by crossing various breeds, such as Black Javas, Cochins, and Dominiques. However it was created, the Barred Plymouth Rock is a very popular breed in America since it's dual-purpose. Good meat, good eggs, and from my experience, A GREAT ATTITUDE! Barred Rocks make wonderful pet chickens and if kept with huamn contact for the first parts of their life, can be tamer then a furry kitten!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- my chickens Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:06pm in New Member Introductions
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Top 5 Backyard Chicken Breeds Last post on 7/28/15 at 9:46am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks Chickens
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock Black And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock By Chickencrazy4ever
- itemPlymouth Rocktagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Plymouth Rock Barred
- Plymouth Rock Blue
Currently, there are 847 Active Users (63 Members and 784 Guests)
- › When to switch feed 3 minutes ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 6 minutes ago
- › Aggressive pullets/hens 8 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 8 minutes ago
- › Utah! 14 minutes ago
- › Need HELP with pasty "constipated" butt!! Can I "Express bowel"???? 17 minutes ago
- › Leghorn Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Baby chicks- crumbles vs pelleted chick feed 33 minutes ago
- › outcasting my silver pencil :( 34 minutes ago
- › Hen poops a lot and has lost weight. 36 minutes ago
- › Ancona by Top Rooster
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by austrolover1
- › Australorp by amanda1
- › Swedish Flower chicken by SHERRING7712
- › Rhode Island by SHERRING7712
- › Barred Rock by roddycn1216
- › Sultan by Alexc844
- › Lavender Pekin by Eggs on Toast
- › Leghorn - Bantam by Eggs on Toast
- › Silkie by Aylala88
- › The Educational Lives of Our Four Ducks -...
- › Cleaning the Run
- › Easter eggers~the history and more.
- › Raising baby chicks~tips and tricks
- › Lightweight Ducks~Why to have them
- › Ducks~Answer as to why to keep them and which...
- › Our peeps! From 5 weeks until now...
- › Hen or Rooster?
- › Duck houses:ideas and cleaning.
- › My Red and White Coop