Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Barred Plymouth Rock was developed in New England around the middle of the 19th Century. Most people believe it was created by crossing various breeds, such as Black Javas, Cochins, and Dominiques. However it was created, the Barred Plymouth Rock is a very popular breed in America since it's dual-purpose. Good meat, good eggs, and from my experience, A GREAT ATTITUDE! Barred Rocks make wonderful pet chickens and if kept with huamn contact for the first parts of their life, can be tamer then a furry kitten!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- my chickens Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:06pm in New Member Introductions
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Top 5 Backyard Chicken Breeds Last post on 7/28/15 at 9:46am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks Chickens
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock Black And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock By Chickencrazy4ever
- itemPlymouth Rocktagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Plymouth Rock Barred
- Plymouth Rock Blue
Currently, there are 1010 Active Users (102 Members and 908 Guests)
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 21 seconds ago
- › Hi I am Teresa! 31 seconds ago
- › Show off your Black Australorp 1 minute ago
- › Night Time Preditor Killing My Birds. 1 minute ago
- › 4 month old Austrolorp just died HELP! 2 minutes ago
- › Hello 2 minutes ago
- › New loves are sneezing 2 minutes ago
- › My Button quails 3 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 3 minutes ago
- › Hello all & I need some help w my chickens. Breed identification 4 minutes ago
- › Brahma by blueclip
- › Dominique by blueclip
- › Dorking by hotlipshens
- › Barred Rock by Cluckcluck1215
- › Rhode Island Red Bantam by specks321
- › Muscovy by Mudbillkisses
- › French Toulouse by silenthawk2x3
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by harley587
- › Pekin by The Pinto Pony
- › Araucana by DairyChickenGal
- › Time-traveling couple with 'historical...
- › Time-traveling couple with chickens in New...
- › Little Lolly
- › The Egg-stravaganza
- › Care and Keeping of your Chicken Run
- › Cluckclucks BYC friends!!!!!
- › Cluckcluck1215s flock!!
- › "$210 in lumber and a weekend" coop
- › Birds of the Funny Farm
- › Open Gate Farm