Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Barred Plymouth Rock was developed in New England around the middle of the 19th Century. Most people believe it was created by crossing various breeds, such as Black Javas, Cochins, and Dominiques. However it was created, the Barred Plymouth Rock is a very popular breed in America since it's dual-purpose. Good meat, good eggs, and from my experience, A GREAT ATTITUDE! Barred Rocks make wonderful pet chickens and if kept with huamn contact for the first parts of their life, can be tamer then a furry kitten!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- my chickens Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:06pm in New Member Introductions
- What Gender are they? : 5 week old- Two EE One BO One BR Last post on 6/9/14 at 9:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 1/17/14 at 9:10am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Top 5 Backyard Chicken Breeds Last post on 3/27/14 at 6:26pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks Chickens
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock Black And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock Barred Rock By Chickencrazy4ever
- itemPlymouth Rocktagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Plymouth Rock Barred
- Plymouth Rock Blue
Currently, there are 793 Active Users (69 Members and 724 Guests)
- › The Old Folks Home 26 seconds ago
- › Extremely small black bugs? 43 seconds ago
- › Wing? Leg? Help! 51 seconds ago
- › Help Please! RED MITES 1 minute ago
- › I'm new and currently doing my first hatch! 2 minutes ago
- › Oriental Gamefowl Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › START A HATCHERY 4 minutes ago
- › Possible Marek's disease? 5 minutes ago
- › Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders 5 minutes ago
- › Should I buy eggs or wait it out? 6 minutes ago
- › Cayuga by okiegirl47
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Waterer by Mother-Rhodes
- › Octagon 20 Advance - digital menu driven incubator calibrated from... by TattooedMama
- › Gold Star by Butterprint
- › White Star Hybrid by cluckcluckgirl
- › Easter Eggers by thinks2much2
- › Orpington by Lianimals
- › Polish by PoultryQueen101
- › Ameraucana by PoultryQueen101
- › Australorp by ChickenLover172
- › Playset Conversion
- › American games for sale
- › Poultry Queens' Beautiful Birds
- › Chicken hallway
- › 6 Easy Steps for Happy Chickens
- › My First Coop: Circ Du Poulet
- › Sande Family Chicken and Backyard Adventures..
- › Japanese quails as pets - breeding and raising.
- › Raising ducklings from the age of 2 weeks -...
- › Clucky-Huddle Coop