So this has been a multistep process. We started out by getting this coop/hutch off of Craigslist. The person had gotten it for rabbits, but said it could also be used for chickens and that in fact her own chicken had hopped in and laid an egg in there that morning.
Dog and Cat jointly inspecting the new animals and their home
The chicks enjoying the sunshine
So after having this for a bit we realized we needed to modify it some to help protect them from the elements some. Summertime in Florida means afternoon thunderstorms that we don't always have much in the line of warning with. I had some old closet doors in the garage that we cut down and attached to hinges so that they could be opened and closed as needed depending on weather.
The girls getting bigger!!
Now we had rigged a temporary run that was essentially a rectangular box with chicken wire that was wobbly and huge. We moved their coop again (thank goodness we put wheels on it) and took the entire run apart and rebuilt it with a roost and a solid roof on part of it. We also modified the coop so that it has a large door at the right end of it so that I can get in and out to clean it easier. The run also now has a door which with the old one didn't (bad planning on my part)
I removed the hinges from the front shutters and permanently affixed them since I would no longer be opening them with the design of the run.
Getting so big!! Really hoping the one in the back doesn't turn out to be a rooster....
So that's the run and coop! Besides the main part of the coop it was built with some things from around the house, some from multiple trips to Lowes as we modified it mid building :)