Renees Member Page
Available for Swap: I am very flexible, so if you want a combination of things, let me know.
Choose two (WYG swap) of the following plants: (If you want any combinations of items, let me know)
2. Cissus Quadrangularis/Veldt Grape This plant is a vining succulent in the grape family which looks really cool in a hanging basket (it needs to come in for the winter, or you could keep it as a houseplant all year round, it won't care) and I am led to believe has some sort of medicinal properties and is made into some sort of Chutney in Indian cooking. This plant is also easy to root. You will receive two starts
3. This is variegated water clover, it grows along a runner on the bottom of your pond or other water feature and sends these leaves up to the surface where they do a good job of providing cover for your fish and keeping down the algae. You will receive one nice clump
4. I also have some limelight artemisia. This is an outdoor perennial (pictured here in a planter) and its hardy in zones 3-9. It is really good for erosion control, takes very little upkeep and looks great. I like to use it on the side of a bank where I don't feel like putting vetch and its too sunny for vinca. Its a nice change from other groundcovers because its upright and its got this beautiful variegated foliage. It needs very little water once established and it takes full sun to full shade and it doesn't lose variegation in the shade. It grows up to 2' tall. You will receive about 6 plants.
5. I also have some yellow flag irises which are around my pond, but they'll grow just about anywhere. I will send about 3 large rhizomes or 5 smaller ones.
6. This is Callisia repens or Bolivian Jew. Its in the wandering jew family, but it has very small leaves. I love it as a "groundcover" for my potted plants. It only grows very shallow roots, so they don't interfere with the roots of the larger plant and it helps keep moisture in the rootball of the potted plant, plus it adds interest to the surface of the soil. I will send one clump with about 7-10 stems. Put it right into the soil and keep it moist, or root it in some water, It is super easy to root.
7. Spearmint- this is the kind used for mint julep or mojito. It can take some shade, likes damp soil, can even grow as a pond marginal. This does not spread as aggressively as chocolate mint.
8. Painters Pallette: This is a self seeding perennial. It is grown for folaige which is tri-color and it likes part to full shade. You will receive three plants.
9. Cattails- These are the same cattails you see all over, full sun, pond or raingarden, they need to be started in at least 3" of water, but don't mind ending up in mud (such as would happen in a rain-garden or drainage ditch) once they take root. These are great at filtering your water or helping to dry up low-lying areas. You will receive three rhizomes.
10. Liriope- This is a perennial in zones 7-10. It is an ornamental grass that gets a purple flower all summer. It is very useful in borders. This requires full sun to part shade. You will receive one plant.
11. I have some Amaryllis bulbs of varying sizes. These prefer at least 6 hours of sun in the morning, but are not that picky, I have some right now that are flowering under a holly bush. They like well drained soil, but don't require particularly rich soil (they don't mind it either). You will receive one bulb.
12, Hostas- love the shade, part sun is also okay and I think they are hardy in zones 3-8b. They are good in all types of soil. You will receive one nice clump.
13. I have Bronze Fennel Starts, These are hardy in zones 4a-9b and prefer full sun. They are beautiful and smell really nice when you brush past them. They are a tall, impact plant for your herb garden, which is nice since most herbs are shorter. This is the kind of fennel which you grow for the seeds (i.e. sausage making). You will receive two starts.
14. Jerusalem Artichokes- These are in the same family as sunflowers, they prefer all day sun. They can reach heights of about 10', but average about 6' in full sun. You will receive 6 plants with tubers attached
15. These are Oxalis Purpurea, they grow from a bulb and can be grown as a house plant or in the garden. They like part shade but can tolerate sun or deep shade. They grow from zone 8-11, but can be brought in and stored in some soil in cooler zones. You will receive ten bulbs.
16. I have some Perilla or Shiso starts to offer, these are in the basil/mint family and they have a really interesting, basil/oregano/sesame flavor. I like to make them into kimchi or into a salty/sweet pickle and they can really add some nice color when chiffonaded in a salad. They also look gorgeous in your flower or herb garden. These are easy to grow from seeds which you can collect in the fall. These like full sun or part shade and will grow as an annual herb in any zone.
I HAVE SOME HEIRLOOM SEEDS:
I will send any grouping of these seeds that you like, no limits (within reason). Pick as many seeds as you like along with another item. All seeds were Organically grown and hand collected. You get 50+ seeds per order.
1. Heirloom Tomato Mix: this is a mix of tomatoes that I have grown organically and hand collected this past fall, they are generally disease resistant and split resistant. I try to mix indeterminate and determinate varieties.
2. Dill- this is a variety called mammoth dill, grown organically and hand collected by myself.
3. Bronze fennel- This is a beautiful perennial. It has a bronze color to the foliage and Black swallowtail butterflies love this stuff for laying their eggs. This is the plant that you grow when you want fennel seeds for seasoning.
4. Green bulbing fennel (Florence Fennel)- This is the stuff that you grow to use as a vegetable. The bottom grows into a bulbous structure that is used in a lot of Mediterranean cooking.
5. Black Eyed Susan/ Rudbeckia seeds- very easy to start from seed.
6. Purple Perilla- this is an asian herb which is like a mix of mint, basil and oregano with a little sesame undertone. It is very good when pickled Korean style. As an added bonus, these are a beautiful bright purple/burgundy color that looks great tucked into a flower garden or adds color to your herb garden.
7. Double Black Datura- Devils Trumpet, this is a gorgeous flower with dark purple double, trumpet shaped flowers and black stems, really pretty.
Two Jars of Autumn Olive Jelly (this is a sweet pink jam with a mild persimmon flavor)
or Two jars of Garlicky pickles
SOME MORE SWAP STUFF: (Pick what you think is fair)
On the clothing, if you want to mix and match, adults, girls and boys clothes, just let me know.
Also: 3. I have some books:
a. James Merrill- "Scripts for the Pageant". An epic poem, I believe this is book three in the poem, but each book can stand alone.
b. Stewart Swain- "The Spacetime Frontier"- This is a collection of Sci-Fi Shorts
c.Ward Just- "An Unfinished Season" -This is a Novel which was a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
d. Barbara Kingsolver- "The Bean Trees"
5. This is a set of Vintage Marbellite brand squares for making macrame shelves or whatever you can come up with to create with them Pick these along with something else.
6. Some Boys clothes (Take all of one Size or mix and match between sizes) These are all 18mo. The set to your far left is hand made (blue batik shorts and sleeveless top with embroidered sailboat).
These are 18 mo, the shirt on the right is an SPF, UV protective , Swim shirt.
These are 2T, there are three pairs of shorts on the left, a zip up hoodie and a pair of jeans in the center and two button up, collared, short sleeved shirts on the right.
These are 2T
8. Girls clothing, The shirts are 4T and the shorts are 3T, choose either or both, or mix and match with the girls clothes below.
I can also offer: 10. a purse by "the sak" it is black, crocheted and in very good condition
I have another The Sak purse: This one is bigger
11. Some Sterling Silver Wire for Crafting, The length and gauge are written in red on the bag.
12. This really cool looking Nine West Knit Blazer, it is an XS
Vintage, full length knit sweater size M
Girls 2/3T shirt
Girls 4T Sweater
Womens Old Navy Sz M mock turtle fleece
Girls 4T sundress
two Girls 3T shirts
Girls 4T sundress
4T Dora PJ set
3T Childrens Place Knit Dress
4T Puma Shirt
The two Pairs of pants on the right are 4T and the Pair on the left is 24mo
Ladies Old Navy Shorts size 6 100% cotton
Ladies 10P stretch twill slacks
Mens Wrangler sz L 100% cotton shirt (micro houndstooth pattern)
Ladies Tahari pants (these say size 6 but I wear a 10 and they fit me)
Size S corduroy Jacket
Size S Lands End Shirt
This bra is barely used, it is by a company called Lounge and it is a 36B. Pick this along with another item.
Below is an infants size life vest. It has some discoloration, but is still in very usable condition. We used to use this with my daughter when we would go out on the boat. It floats them on their backs, so we would use it as a safety device and to take her swimming with us.
Pick any two purses/bags
The pink purse is taken
This is a pack of natural herbal/mineral cosmetic samples and organic/natural soaps
There are three bars of emu oil/goats milk soap and a bottle of organic patchouli body wash.
There is some BB cream and all natural Korean facial moisturizers, a toner and a mask. Koreans are very into natural/herbal cosmetics and wrinkle creams. They make the best stuff, if you've never used BB cream (Korean BB cream) you don't know what you're missing. Do not bother wasting your money on BB creams made by US companies, they're loaded with synthetic chemicals and they don't work as well.