Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Rooster Cogburn's Chicken Coop
The Chickens and the Winchester Mystery Coop
My EE chicks at two days old
This is a two story shed. I converted the right side into the coop. I cut the window, made the chicken door that operates via the rope and pully, made the run with the hinging top on the left side for easy cleaning. The coop is 4'x7' and the run is 12'x4'.
I just put in the linoleum. The ramp leeds to two nesting boxes and the roost is on the right.
For cleaning, the ramp hinges and snaps to the shelf and the roost hangs on the wall.
This is a hatch in the ceiling. Ventilation in the summer but pull on the cord and it closes for the winter.
This is a feeder I made in the wall dividing the shed from the coop. From the shed side, (seen here) it can be filled and then closed to allow access to the chickens. It sounded like a good idea when I was building the wall. Time will tell if it is.
This one got named, George. I hope it's more like a Georgina. These are all 10 days old. George is the only white one. There are three that are brown and two that are supposed to be blue.
This is one of the blue ones. The lighting is not good. This one and the next one are greyer on the wings than the brown ones.
The other "blue" one.
The three brown peeps.
The chicks at three weeks and in the coop.
This is Daisy at four weeks
Left to right; Daisy, George, Rose
Expanding the run. The new gate to the "backyard" with glass insulators decorating the posts. This adds another 130 square feet for the chickens. Now they have a front porch, (on the left) as well as a backyard.
The new fence on the left and the shed door that leads to the coop inside. New additions as of 9-4-10
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › @Monsters@ rp (anyone invited!) 4 seconds ago
- › Paws and Claws (RP) Roleplay 21 seconds ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 23 seconds ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 26 seconds ago
- › Chat N Chicknfun Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Post your FIRST EGG pics! 35 seconds ago
- › New Male Button Quail Problem.... 43 seconds ago
- › Ducclelover10's chat thread! (Continued) 1 minute ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 1 minute ago
- › Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread 1 minute ago
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › My Golden Palace by MEMama3
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine