Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Submitted by Rosie in Arizona
"The coop’s main structure was made using used oak pallets which were available free. The way the pallets were constructed made them easy to slide insulation into as we put them up. The exterior siding is lumber recycled from the pallets. The roof is corrugated tin left over from the horse barn. A very small section of the roof and two of the windows are corrugated vinyl."
"The remaining window and the chicken’s door to the pen are old cabinet doors we found in a scrap pile, where we also found the lumber for the front door to the coop. At first I thought it was going to look really terrible, but I think it looks OK. The chickens haven’t complained, at any rate."
"We also used a pallet as the gate to the pen and we put a pallet on buckets inside the pen to provide a raised place to play."
"Monty Python and the Flying Circus were only about 10 weeks old when I took the picture of them inside the coop."
[ click any image to enlarge - use your 'back' button to return ]
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › Silkie thread! 6 seconds ago
- › Stella's Social Club 30 seconds ago
- › Chat N Chicknfun Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Brooding Question RE 2week Bobs 40 seconds ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 49 seconds ago
- › Introducing pullets and cockerals 55 seconds ago
- › Banty hatched duck eggs...now what (cross post) 1 minute ago
- › Our over-achiever Broody hen! 1 minute ago
- › @Monsters@ rp (anyone invited!) 1 minute ago
- › Egg and Brooding Questios 1 minute ago
- › Orpington (Buff)-319 by marvun22
- › Indian Runner by marvun22
- › Rouen by marvun22
- › Khaki Campbell by marvun22
- › Pekin by marvun22
- › Bantam-Cochin by ChickenRaiser95
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Silkie by Chickie Mama
- › Brahma by Chickie Mama
- › Leghorn by Lisasfeathers
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3
- › Coop La Fiesta by jpruett86
- › The Truth About Insuring Hatching Eggs by Poultry Friend
- › Gabe's "budget coop" by GabeStalker