Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Rsimpson's Chicken CoopThe Christmas Condo CoopMy wife has wanted to raise a few laying chickens for a while now so I'm building her a coop.Since it's a Christmas present for my wife and my cousin says that the chickens have a condo.
It's the "Christmas Condo Coop".
Find a large scrap pile to pick thru for the good stuff.
Get the old flat-bed boat trailer out of the shed and start framing the walls.
Finish framing the wall and the roof.
More walls and the roof put on.
Insulate floor, roof, walls, and put tin on roof.
Put the window (plexiglass) in and the last wall on with the pop door cutout.
Make a video of your progress and show off to all your Facebook friends.
Redo the back pop door so it's on a sliding track and not hinged.
Build nestboxes and roosts.
Put the people door on.And the most important step in building a chicken coop....Spend all your free time online at BackyardChickens.Com!Things I need to do yet are:
So there's not much left to do :-).More to come.Thanks for looking.Randy
- Build the door.
- Add more ventilation (mainly in the door).
- Put linolium tile on floor.
- Add trim
- Extend the run out the front.
- Build covered run out the front.
- Move the whole coop out to where my wife wants it.
- Build run out the back.
- The Little Red Barn
- › May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies! 1 minute ago
- › Maine 1 minute ago
- › Sick Chickens 1 minute ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 1 minute ago
- › Cochin Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › Official BYC Contest: 200,000 BYC Members? Guess the DAY & HOUR and... 2 minutes ago
- › Starling problem 2 minutes ago
- › Incubating peafowl 2 minutes ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 2 minutes ago
- › Cream Legbars 2 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS