Related Forum Threads
- Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda- Coop Best Practices Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:50pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- The Duck Thread Last post on Today at 1:09 pm in Ducks
- Lost I need help Last post on 6/20/12 at 11:47am in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Our Shipping Crate Coop - finally finished!!! (pic heavy) Last post on 2/10/13 at 9:59am in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Coop Design Questions!!!! Last post on 2/19/12 at 7:04am in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
Edited on 1/10/13
- Food Grade De Diatomaceous EarthEdited on 6/21/11
- Les Farms - The Barn of all BARNS!Edited on 6/6/13
- The Little Red Barn
Alphabetical Article List
15 chickens out on the lawn
2 Buff Orpingtons chillin' on the swing
9 week old Freedom Ranger Hen
Latest addition: this Rabbitry will have 6 cages.
- April 2012 -
Our new addition to the flock: 5 Week Old Freedom Rangers
These french broilers are strong, robust and great for free range, organic environments.
Most supermarket chickens are fast growing breeds (hybrid white synthetic Cornish crosses) who have trouble walking by the time they are 3 months old. They have lost all their natural instincts to forage and breed.
In contrast these little guys love to scratch and take dust baths.
9 Broilers on one side...
... 7 Layers on the other side...
... 2 Bunnies upstairs...
... and 1 happy Lili!
3.2 ounces... New record!
The newbies finally get to stay outside.
gardeners at work.
stealing from the veggies!
We adopted 2 white Delaware (Fluff Fluff & Bamie) & 1 Amerecauna (Elvis) to our Flock.
The New Generation - 3 Weeks Old:
The New Generation - Born 8/22/11:
Our 6 new chicks: Buff Orphingtons Gojira, Chickie & Ady Gil - Delaware Cutesy, Nisshin Maru & Yellow Mellow
August '11 - 1 Year Old:
Food for chickens: Black Soldier Fly Larvae from our compost
March '11 - 8 Months Old:
fresh wheat sprouts
nest box for egg laying
chicken in rain - they actually get wet when it really pours, but it doesn't seem to bother them too much.
Feb '11 - 7 Months Old:
A patch of lawn as a little snack.
A day of eggs by Peepo, Lady Gaga, Lucinda & Peepsy
The current record: a 2.7 oz egg - raised with soyfree & cornfree organic feed.
Jan 15, 2011: Our first egg!
- courtesy of Lady Gaga -
Lada Gaga's first egg on the left next to a farmer's market bought egg.
XMAS 2010: 18 Weeks Old
6 Weeks Old:
Sharing the coop with our two rabbits.
4 Weeks old: The first time outside!
Two weeks old:
Getting our new friends.
Our Chicken Coop:
The wood posts go about 3 feet into the ground and the hardware cloth is dug in about 1.5 feet (with a poured concrete border). We have plenty of raccoons at night so hopefully this will keep them away.
Left inside the run is a banna tree. Not sure if it will make it.
- Food Grade De Diatomaceous Earth
- › I lost 4 Chickens today. 22 seconds ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 30 seconds ago
- › Hello from Gainesville. 38 seconds ago
- › Hello to all 55 seconds ago
- › Any ideas? 56 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 1 minute ago
- › Why have our hens stopped laying eggs? 1 minute ago
- › Hi from Missouri! 1 minute ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 1 minute ago
- › Newbie from Coal Country 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes