Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Stevenson's Chicken Coop
and so the insanity begins...
You can follow my progress at
I was offered this old building that my grandfather built years ago.
It is approximately 8'x12' in size. The exterior is rough,
but the interior and roof are in fantastic shape.
My design concept for how to convert the old shed into a coop. I am not sure I
have shown enough ventilation. I am sure I will add more, although I am concerned
about too much to the high winds that we get. Unfortunately the AutoCAD drawing
didn't copy well to Photoshop, but I think you can get the idea
Note: I have made several changes to the original design based on comments.
I am planning on putting in 150' of 6' fence with this configuration. The plan
is to have 25 chickens, so this design allows 71 sq ft per chicken. Not quite free
range, but I am hopeful it will cut down on feed cost. Having it open on top leaves
me vulnerable to hawks, but I am hopeful that I won't have too many problems.
04/11/2011 - I have almost finished the West side
4-30-2011 - Built the external nesting boxes today. Things are coming together.
I still have to finish the east side and do some odds and end on the north, south
and west sides.
- 18 Delaware, 4 partridge rock and 3 new hampshire chicks from Paul Harter - hatched on April 10th.
- 8 Speckled Sussex and 4 Dominique from Itsmyobsession - hatched April 28th
- 6 Wheaton Ameraucana from HBuehler- hatch date approximately May 15th.
- 5 Bourbon Red Turkeys from craigslist - hatch date approximately May 22nd
Please stop by and listen to my brother's band from Nashville, TN
Manic Bloom - http://www.manicbloom.com
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Colorado ChickenFest 2013 1 minute ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALABAMA!! 2 minutes ago
- › Can you tell sex on 2 month old Embdens? 2 minutes ago
- › 1 Doz. Pure English Orpington Eggs B/B/S 2 minutes ago
- › North Carolina 3 minutes ago
- › Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!! 3 minutes ago
- › Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013 7 minutes ago
- › Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs 7 minutes ago
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Silkie by Chickie Mama
- › Brahma by Chickie Mama
- › Leghorn by Lisasfeathers
- › Andalusian by nova022
- › Mini Cup Automatic Waterers by KPenley
- › Barred Rock by applefalls
- › Australorp by applefalls
- › Star by applefalls
- › Partridge Plymouth Rock by cybercat
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3
- › Coop La Fiesta by jpruett86
- › The Truth About Insuring Hatching Eggs by Poultry Friend
- › Gabe's "budget coop" by GabeStalker
- › Burnsville Minnesota by sn0wwhite
- › ♥♥♥♥A chicken... by OnceInALifeTime
- › Where Chicks Rule by woodsygal
- › What I didn't know about ducks... by BCBunnies
- › 2seth2 breeder page by 2seth2