Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Sumatra male is known for its flowing tail and rich lustrous greenish black plumage. Multiple spurs on males is a desired characteristic. This breed tends to be flighty and does best when they have plenty of room.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- New Project! NN Sumatras Last post on 10/30/14 at 4:36pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Blue Sumatra Cockerels Available in TN / KY Last post on 4/4/12 at 1:18pm in Chickens 8 Weeks & Older
- Standard of Perfection Last post on 1/19/17 at 1:04pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- I'm a breeder! Last post on 12/15/11 at 8:53pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Sumatra Thread! Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:06pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Sumatra Black By Chickenrandomness
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Sumatra Sumatras Come In Black Being The Most Popular Blue And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sumatra BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemSumatratagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
- Sumatra Sumatras Come In Black Being The Most Popular Blue And White
Currently, there are 969 Active Users (57 Members and 912 Guests)
- › Are Chickens Allowed in Indianapolis? 9 seconds ago
- › Puzzled by Cockerel's Heath Issue 1 minute ago
- › what is too old? 2 minutes ago
- › Hatching process, after Pip? 5 minutes ago
- › Stolen Images 11 minutes ago
- › SEX LINKED EASTER EGGERS? 13 minutes ago
- › Building a run first timer 14 minutes ago
- › So... Can you just throw a freshly processed bird on the grill? 15 minutes ago
- › What time are hawks active? 21 minutes ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP) 21 minutes ago
- › Baby Quail
- › Braided Easter Egg Bread
- › FeatherMtnFarms' Spring Chicks!!! 2017
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.