Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
3 push in Farm Tek 360 poultry watering nipples
1 eight foot 3/4 inch schedule 40 pvc pipe (cut to seven inch, twenty four inch and twenty six inch lengths).
2 3/4 inch pvc elbow connectors.
1 3/4 pvc end cap.
1 five foot pole (2 feet buried, 3 feet above ground)
1 five gallon plastic bucket.
1 inch bit.
11/16 inch bit.
I made a very simple watering system that makes the urban chicken farmer's life a lot simpler. You'll need three watering nipples from Farm Tek. http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft1_poultry_equipment-ft1_poultry_watering_systems-ft1_hoses_nipples;pgwc1045.html (about $2.00 a piece). Get a five gallon bucket, 8 to 10 feet of 3/4 inch pvc pipe, two elbows, a cap and a coupler, and away you go. Set a post outside the coop. I used cedar pole salvaged from a downed tree, but any post will do. Cut three pieces of pipe as shown. Drill a 1 inch hole in the bucket. You'll need a watertight fitting to connect the pipe to the bucket. Anyone at a full service hardware store can hook you up with what you need for this. Drill 11/16 inch holes in the length of pipe that will extend into the coop and insert the nipples into the holes. Assemble the pieces and fill with water. Cost - maybe 10 to 15 bucks excluding shipping of the nipples. It works great. The chickens adjust to drinking from the nipples in less than a day. The water is always clean and lasts weeks.
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › Cochin Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › ISA-Brown page. :))))))) 1 minute ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 1 minute ago
- › Swimming Silkie ?!? 6 minutes ago
- › Large Fowl Cochin Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Welsummer Thread!!!! 7 minutes ago
- › How big should the chicks be to go in the coop with rooster? 8 minutes ago
- › I love chickens! 9 minutes ago
- › **~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all... 10 minutes ago
- › Arkansas folks speak up......... 11 minutes ago
- › Brabanter by mtmimi777
- › Orpington (Buff)-319 by marvun22
- › Indian Runner by marvun22
- › Rouen by marvun22
- › Khaki Campbell by marvun22
- › Pekin by marvun22
- › Bantam-Cochin by ChickenRaiser95
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Silkie by Chickie Mama
- › Brahma by Chickie Mama
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3
- › Coop La Fiesta by jpruett86