Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
The Campbell Coop
The Campbell Coop
My husband, Brian, beginning the coop inside. We really didn't start with plans, just some sketches on paper.
I initially wanted a droppings board at ground level, to slide out to clean. However, I realized that this would eliminate most of the floor space. I changed my plans.....
Moving to the site...we set it on concrete panels that a friend of ours buried level with the ground.
Notice the eaves here are screened in for extra ventilation.
6 of our 12 nesting boxes our 3 roosts (each 10 ft long)
there is chicken wire under the roosts to keep the girls off of the dropping board.
Just in case you were wondering, my nieces drew on the board, it says "poop deck" with a bull's eye. And yes, that is a fan aimed at the roosts for those steamy hot summers!
there is plenty of room under the droppings board for the girls (and babies) to hang out.
Here's just a few of our fun adds....
Our poop-free waterer Our automatic chicken door Our "Big Bird" Feeder
I love my coop! It's really easy to keep clean. The only thing I may change is whether or not I insulate for this winter. It all depends on what the temperature stays at inside.
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › My campine is laying soft shelled eggs, Why??? just now
- › What kind of chicks are these? 10 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 13 seconds ago
- › Slaves/Master RP (Restart) 17 seconds ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oriental Gamefowl Thread! 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 1 minute ago
- › 'You people' and your forum! 1 minute ago
- › Our new Sebastopol goslings 2 minutes ago
- › Eggs set in November, due December, anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Rhode Island by Chicken Goddess
- › Frizzle by TheCrazyClucker
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Lane Family Duck Coop by NicoleL
- › Bill`s Chicken Farm by BillysFlock
- › My Funny Farm! by anastasiamarie
- › My Golden Palace by MEMama3
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies