Related Forum Threads
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Anyone in want some FREE hatching eggs? [English Orp x BO [or Cochin]] Last post on 2/10/13 at 12:05pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- when do ameraucanas get their beards (if they are going to get one?) Last post on 4/15/13 at 12:19am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 5/21/13 at 11:51am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 8/2/12
- Farm DazeEdited on 1/23/12
- Cochin Black By Liberty Hill HenEdited on 1/10/12
- Cochin Splash
Alphabetical Article List
My trio of comedihens are Lucy (New Hampshire red), Fanny (black-barred Cochin) and Gilda (Amercauna), hatched in May, 2011. Lucy is a loud broad; Fanny is the sweetest conversationalist; Gilda is the brains of the group, and my best layer. Each lays a uniquely different egg, making it easy to see who's holding out. So far, Fanny has unsuccessfully tried to hatch not only unfertilized eggs, but half an apple and a peanut butter sandwich. Love what they've added to our family!
Above is Fanny, during her most recent hormonal episode
Three different color eggs helps me keep up with who's contributing and who's holding out. Seems most pictures I take of the ladies are all fuzzy butts, but they are still photogenic.
Gilda's still on the fence over the issue of backyard chickens.
Lucy on the hunt for the another juicy bug.
Winding down at dusk, just chillin' and catching a few last rays on the deck. About the only time they are sitting so still that I can photograph them all at once.
Lucy in all her splendor. She is the hubby's pick for most beautiful comb.
My constant companions, especially when getting into the winter garden's tunnels to harvest some greens for our table. After getting all I needed, I had to give the girls a few minutes to snack on some tasty parsley before closing it up again.
Gossiping in the communal dust bath
- Farm Daze
- › Hello from Alabama. 32 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 57 seconds ago
- › Brand new chicken parents 1 minute ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 1 minute ago
- › Chat N Chicknfun Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW RP!!~Savannah Survival~RP *Accepting Players!!!* 1 minute ago
- › What's up new to byc... 3 minutes ago
- › Just another Rookie looking for support 4 minutes ago
- › Setting eggs today...20th May...anyone else? 5 minutes ago
- › Incubators Anonymous 5 minutes ago
- › Rhode Island by Chicken Goddess
- › Frizzle by TheCrazyClucker
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Lane Family Duck Coop by NicoleL
- › Bill`s Chicken Farm by BillysFlock
- › My Funny Farm! by anastasiamarie
- › My Golden Palace by MEMama3
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies