Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Wilczenskifarm's Chicken Coop
located in Pembroke, Massachusetts
Building The Coop
The previous owners of our house built a kids playhouse years ago. We moved it using a car jack and sched 80 PVC pipes (right hand side). Up on cinder blocks and on to digging holes for run posts and trenches for placing the wire in the ground.
I stacked the 2 cords of wood that were erking me...I want to see the coop from our kitchen window, not a pile of wood:) (see pic above, on left)
My man's a trooper... workin' on the run after work, until dusk. Chics are coming within 2 weeks, so we want to be ready when they're ready in another 4 to 6 weeks to go outside!
This is what I found when I got home from taking a friend to the doctor. Not bad!!!! Our gals will be stylin'!
Digging through non-stop roots = tedious, and back breaking! But we want the girls to be safe. Hardware cloth installed about a foot below surface and back filled with lots of large rock and fill to discourage predators.
Compressor & Staple Gun
Finally backfilling... holy crap he's good!
Now it's lookin' like a coop!!! (I was just trying it out before the girls come...I thought they'd appreciate it!)
I can't wait for the chics to come in at Hanson Grain. They called and said they'd be late... June 28th:(
Did so much work these past few days...
Painted, linoleum floor, roosts, back cleanout door,
more painting... painting still not done.
Oh, I forgot... put on the door to the run too:) need to strip the wimpy screen and put wire on.
Roosts and ramp which is hinged so we can flip up to clean. Did I mention I can't wait for our chicks to come!?!?!?!
Holy Crap! Hanson Grain called us today (6-18-09)...WOO HOO!!!! 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Austrolops (sp?), 2 Americana's, and 2 Barred Rocks. They're so cute, and they just collapse when they're tired! I called my family to announce the newest members!
All our ladies resting comfortably!
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Trouble with Hatching Californians 7 seconds ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 17 seconds ago
- › To help or not to help? 43 seconds ago
- › American serama thread! 48 seconds ago
- › Gobble noises--hen? tom? both 1 minute ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 1 minute ago
- › Help! Boys or girls? 1 minute ago
- › Blue, Splash, or too early to tell? CUTE BABY CHICKS!!! (That... 1 minute ago
- › Sdwd 1 minute ago
- › Ducclelover10's chat thread! (Continued) 1 minute ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill