Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Two Story Coop Design for 60 chickens!! Last post on 2/13/12 at 10:01pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.Edited on 5/11/13
- Valhalla - ExpansionEdited on 10/18/12
- The Schoop
- topicLarge Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Yellowjacket's Chicken CoopPosted 12/05/11 • Last updated 12/09/12 • 6975 views • 8 comments
Recycled materials-chick coop project (Fall 2010)
1) First load of recycled wood from local landfill
2) denailed/sorted several loads
3) studs on location!
4) site slopes gradually-have 4x4's blocked and level......first sheet of 1/2" plywood in place.
5) floor finished! (8'x10')
6) first wall up!
7) construction of nesting boxes
8) framed into coop wall
9) exterior view
10) sheathing complete-pen staked out.
11) another view
12) Easy to clean roost-lift up front panel to remove manure.
13) load of 1"x8" bevelled cedar siding. Nice and clean for $100.00!
14) siding on 2 walls-roof shingled!
15) east side done.......windows/door all 2nd hand!
16) big pen going up slope-bought a 100' roll 5' in height. (just enough for the whole perimeter).
The smaller "safety" pen connected to the house is covered in wire, gate can be opened in the morning to give chickens access to big pen.
17) pipe feeder under construction
18) Finally got my dozen ISA browns-they took to the feeder right away!
19) Heading out the lil hatch to the small covered pen. (dry planer shavings are free from the local sawmill.)
20) checking out the nesting boxes
21) nice clean eggs!
22) basket of 33 eggs-3 days worth.
23) view of backyard from my kitchen window. Can keep a watchful eye on everything. :)
24) We had snow the other day-here's my young flock dining on pumpkin.
25) .....and more snow. You'd think they'd wanna go inside!
26) Tossed in a bale of orchard grass
27) made a lil "cracked corn" feeder for the outside pen
28) Added a small flock of Silver Laced Wynadottes
29) rafters built for small pen roof
30) roof on......
31) heavy plastic added to keep wind out. Also framed in a window. :)
32) fast forward to Dec 2012, these are my new heritage breed chickens due to lay this spring.
Thanks for taking a peek at my coop project.
I really enjoy having chickens and appreciate
all the helpful posts from this forum!
- 'Bird and the Fluffy Butts Hut.
- › Should I get a rooster? 5 seconds ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 18 seconds ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 18 seconds ago
- › Moving day 28 seconds ago
- › Slaves/Master RP (Restart) 34 seconds ago
- › looking for a coop 43 seconds ago
- › New to chicks please help 47 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 52 seconds ago
- › im new and confussed 1 minute ago
- › Canadian goslings 1 minute ago
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › Barnevelder by scwheeler24
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P