Last edited: 1/23/12
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 4/13/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
The Exhibition, Genetics and Breeding to the Standard of Perfection forum has been created for those with breeder quality stock to have more serious poultry discussions. This includes discussions on breeding to the standard, genetics, exhibition, breeding strategies, breeding for specific traits, etc.
It’s Staff’s desire to moderate this forum with an eye toward consideration that many of the folks participating here are longtime breeders who may write in a down-to-earth and non-sugar-coated way; this certainly doesn’t mean that, when posting here, the Rules do not apply. This is simply meant to advise folks new to this forum that, for example, if they ask a question about a picture they just posted of a bird from their flock, they should expect a straightforward answer, taken from the viewpoint of someone who is breeding exhibition fowl.
We do not want this section to be a competition among breeders but, rather, a collaborative effort to further the breed they are working with. BYC is a very diverse community, and this section will be no different. Poultry judges, experienced breeders, and those new to breeding are all welcome, and all have something to contribute to this forum.
Participants are encouraged to understand and use the terminology found in the APA Standard of Perfection and avoid usage of terminology that might be considered "slang" in the poultry world.
This section is not intended for discussion of pet birds or birds bred/sold by hatcheries; conversations in regard to these birds and flocks should take place in the General Breed Discussions and FAQ section.
Thread Last Post Replies ViewsToday at 7:08 pm by 3riverschick 2,276 145,050Today at 10:16 am by cmom 11,511 587,14410/21/16 at 3:06pm by gracefarm 3,299 89,76310/21/16 at 2:31pm by Wappoke 889 20,35110/21/16 at 12:06pm by atakiowa 1,791 73,19710/21/16 at 6:15am by Gray Farms 22 225started by zackcrack00 (10/17/16 at 5:55am)10/20/16 at 4:18pm by Wappoke 5 5410/20/16 at 11:58am by showmanshiptop 103 4,633started by cherylvan27 (10/19/16 at 5:41pm)10/19/16 at 6:31pm by Fred's Hens 4 3110/18/16 at 9:05am by ejcrist 99 1,777started by ggrap (10/11/16 at 4:06pm)10/17/16 at 6:16pm by ggrap 8 11310/17/16 at 4:48pm by farmert 10 6610/16/16 at 9:10pm by QueenMisha 13 134started by Butterfree (9/28/16 at 5:07am)10/16/16 at 3:50pm by tmarsh83 4 6110/16/16 at 9:28am by GabrielBane 12 48710/15/16 at 6:55pm by Rod-T 636 14,502started by Kamivy (10/13/16 at 9:03pm)10/13/16 at 10:18pm by Kamivy 2 26started by mominoz (1/27/16 at 1:15pm)10/13/16 at 8:36am by Fowl Explorer 9 13010/12/16 at 4:06pm by Yellow House... 110 3,593started by GabrielBane (10/12/16 at 1:07pm)10/12/16 at 1:14pm by Fred's Hens 1 2210/12/16 at 8:46am by Wappoke 11 121started by Kamivy (10/4/16 at 2:43am)10/10/16 at 3:23pm by Kev 9 7610/7/16 at 3:25am by Fred's Hens 15 23610/7/16 at 3:13am by davy123 173 8,233started by joydix (10/6/16 at 3:08pm)10/6/16 at 6:44pm by SIMZ 1 2110/4/16 at 6:19pm by NanaKat 1,012 42,908started by chelseajgoss (10/3/16 at 9:22pm)10/4/16 at 2:55pm by chelseajgoss 4 5710/3/16 at 4:39am by Berisas 16 44710/2/16 at 6:37pm by Shawneegyrl 22 391started by paris_r (5/24/14 at 9:54pm)10/2/16 at 1:00pm by Wappoke 3 53610/1/16 at 7:04am by Wappoke 12 187started by BrandoMan (9/16/16 at 5:05pm)10/1/16 at 6:42am by Wappoke 1 40started by muddywaterducks (9/17/16 at 11:12am)10/1/16 at 5:23am by Wappoke 1 28started by guybrody (9/28/16 at 9:25pm)9/29/16 at 11:42am by guybrody 3 47started by ejcrist (9/19/16 at 9:05pm)9/27/16 at 5:01pm by Wappoke 1 38started by mrjoltcola (8/30/16 at 11:20am)9/27/16 at 2:07pm by SunHwaKwon 9 117started by legit chickens (9/25/16 at 2:47pm)9/26/16 at 7:25pm by Fred's Hens 2 479/25/16 at 3:33pm by I Love Layers 390 4,518started by IzziesChickies (9/10/16 at 10:59pm)9/24/16 at 11:56pm by wornoutmomto3 9 129started by owlflights (4/2/16 at 7:32pm)9/24/16 at 5:33pm by Little Fuzzy 8 1769/24/16 at 9:53am by Chicken5555 58 680started by Beth77 (9/23/16 at 3:49am)9/23/16 at 11:43pm by Beth77 5 869/23/16 at 5:50pm by tampachick 5,724 256,412started by LilJoe (9/16/16 at 10:40pm)9/21/16 at 4:30am by Fred's Hens 9 148started by cutecowgirl084 (8/17/16 at 9:11pm)9/19/16 at 8:40am by CanadianBuckeye 4 84started by Olivers poultry (9/8/16 at 1:12pm)9/19/16 at 8:21am by CanadianBuckeye 8 98started by Maissan (9/19/16 at 3:37am)9/19/16 at 3:37am by Maissan 0 21started by 3riverschick (11/1/15 at 10:12am)9/18/16 at 7:18pm by NanaKat 5 161started by LilJoe (9/12/16 at 7:42pm)9/18/16 at 12:45pm by LilJoe 7 55started by Carla Sjogren (9/13/15 at 4:01pm)9/14/16 at 7:22pm by williefred 6 134
- Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 seconds ago
- › Type of Rooster? 3 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 4 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 5 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 5 minutes ago
- › Winter is almost here!! Share your tips and tricks for coping the... 10 minutes ago
- › Best incubater to use 10 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 11 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 11 minutes ago
- › Duck eggs 14 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.