Hatching pheasant eggs... TRYING

KTG808

Hatching
Jul 4, 2015
Big Island, Hawaii
Hello, I'd just like to get a few answers and opinions, I've been collecting eggs from my ringneck pheasant pair and been trying to get them to hatch anyway I could, the best way right now is putting them under my game hen. I've been trying to get pheasant chicks but there were always so much mistakes. She happened to hatch one out but I wasn't home to take it so when I got back I found it dead.. And I've been noticing that some of the eggs hatched but died, looked like probably from getting smashed by the hen?? I've been wondering if they could be hatching around night time so that worries me... She only has 2 more eggs she's watching. The others were either no good or died from being smashed. She's sitting on them in a bucket nest. I'm very concerned with how things will go.. I'm eager to hatch them because my pheasant rooster died tragically.... And I'm wondering if using a smaller hen would be better, but the hen I'm using now is the best brood hen I have who will always take good care of her eggs, not like my other hens....

Here is the only chick that hatched but died.

An old pic but this is the hen currently taking care of the eggs. And that's the nest they're in too.

The pheasant pair I've been getting my eggs from.

The day I found him in his cage dead :(

do you think an incubator might be better - no smashed eggs. What you need is a good Silkie broody, they are among the best and lightweight, so wouldn't smash any eggs. Maybe people keep silkies just for that purpose. I do wish you luck with the last eggs
fl.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your pheasant, good luck with the hatch.

@drumstick diva Yes I've tried using an incubator but it didn't work so I normally let this hen hatch eggs from other hens if needed. And that would be good to have if they sit! I could've got one a long time ago but I chose to have a different breed instead :/ ... Thanks for the support!

Back
Top Bottom