In memory of Granda

picadegallo22

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2015
My grandma always had chickens and I have wonderful memories of helping her fetch the eggs. In memory of her, I have finally decided to begin my flock. I hope to one day provide my grandkids with the same gift.
Gracias Nana

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

I know your Grandma would be proud of your decision.

Things have changed since her time in how to care for and manage backyard flocks.

You should visit the learning center there are great articles to help you get prepared - raising baby chicks and managing your flock and others.

Also visit the coop sections to make plans on how to house them and protect them from predators.

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

Good luck in your new adventure.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's so nice of you to start your own flock I'm memory of your Grandma, I'm sure she would be very pleased with your decision. Do you have breed/s in mind?
Pathetic learning centre sure is the peace to start. Lots of great articles and really info on getting your chicken adventures underway. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new venture and enjoy BYC :frow

I've started off with 1 of each; Australorp, Plymouth, RIR, & Black star. They are @4 months now except for the black Star. I adopted her and she is @ 2 months. She used to get picked on but she has proven to be the toughest and is quickly catching up to them.

@picadegallo22

I didn't realize you already have your flock. Nice pic, I know you are proud of them. They are gorgeous together.

Back
Top Bottom