18 week Silver Laced Wyandotte roo or hen?

Sweetchicks72

Chirping
5 Years
May 8, 2015

What do you think? I have 2 wayandottes who look very different in the head. My SLW has the reddest comb and wattles. Her pal the golden laced Wyandotte is the same age and her comb and wattles are smaller and pale. She's the gal on the bottom right in the collage. Can anyone help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking for in the Wayandottes? No one has begun attempting to crow that I can tell. And I don't see any difference in their tails. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oh wow, so red means they are closer to laying? Is that all breeds, or just dotties? Thank you!

It's on all breeds. That's why we always need to ask age when sexing birds. A cockerel will get a larger, plumper, redder comb starting quite young. Hens don't do it until they're reaching point of lay. A plump red comb is a sign of sexual maturity--your girl is growing up
smile.png

It's on all breeds. That's why we always need to ask age when sexing birds. A cockerel will get a larger, plumper, redder comb starting quite young. Hens don't do it until they're reaching point of lay. A plump red comb is a sign of sexual maturity--your girl is growing up
smile.png

smile.png
x3

Back
Top Bottom