Waiting for Eggs....Tick Tok Tick Tok

coocooforchicks

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2015
My two RIR hens Ruby and Runt are 24 weeks old, everyday I check the coop and have my fingers crossed for an egg but I guess I have to be patient longer. I just wanted to make sure I am doing everything right to help out my gals having nice, big, healthy eggs. I have provided my girls with:

-A nice coop (with 2 nesting boxes; nice and dark and cozy inside)
-Roosting bars provided in coop
-Food (Layer crumbles and Grower Finisher Feed mixed together)
-Fresh water provided daily
-Oyster Shells provided (NOT IN FOOD)
-I have mixed a little crushed red pepper in their food
-Lots and lots of attention and TLC!
roll.png

-Yummy treats; watermelon, yogurt, noodles, berries, etc.

Plus my gals get time to free range everyday for a couple of hours, I watch them all the time I have noticed their wattles and combs are larger, bigger, and a very vibrant red color. I even put an Easter egg in their boxes to give some extra courage. Haha I guess what I am trying to ask is am I missing anything? Am I doing to much? Any suggestions would help. Also I do have 5 week old pullets housed and free ranging with my hens, is this okay? They all get along and flock together well, I just don't want my hens too stressed out.

Thank you fellow chicken lovers!
yippiechickie.gif

Sounds like they get awesome care!
smile.png

They should start laying soon. Sometimes hens don't lay in nest boxes at first, they may be laying somewhere else (such as outside or in a hidden corner), but other then that, it sounds like you are doing everything right.

Best of luck!

Thank you! I do spoil them, all of my pets get the best of the best
263a.png

I thought about them laying in other places, keeping my eyes open.

Back
Top Bottom