A Daddy/Daughter Moment! - Sweet poultry pics

GitaBooks

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2015
USA
This evening I went out to the barn, hoping to get pictures of the nuisance skunk that is eating all my chickens eggs. Instead, I got a picture of this!

This is Dominator, my top rooster. Now the chick perching on his back is not his daughter, but it is his adopted daughter. I am naming her Dove, because she is the most elegant of her siblings. Even when he spun in a full circle she didn't fall off. He didn't seem too interested in her being there, but he didn't stand up and dump her off or peck at her. What a sweet guy!

I'd love to see some pictures taken when your poultry (doesn't matter what kind) showed their tender side.

That is super cute. I have never seen my chickens do that.
Although my rooster is a tiny fella and my hens would just about squash him if they did that. :gig

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe she is walking his back and massaging it - so he lets her stay up there. She does look like a little dove - angelic!!

Such a sweet man. Dominator is showing his gentle side with his "wife". He only has two of his original standard hens left, Maroon and Liberty. This is Maroon, tucked under his protective wing. It was a REALLY hot day today, and they are all panting, hints why the hens' beaks are open. Domni thinks he's too cool to pant though.
smile.png

Such a sweet man. Dominator is showing his gentle side with his "wife". He only has two of his original standard hens left, Maroon and Liberty. This is Maroon, tucked under his protective wing. It was a REALLY hot day today, and they are all panting, hints why the hens' beaks are open. Domni thinks he's too cool to pant though. :)
:love What a gentleman!

Back
Top Bottom