HELP SICK KEET

MelRod

Hatching
Jul 23, 2015
I have a keet that hatched yesterday in my incubator. Keet struggled for over a day hatching and I finally I noticed the baby was very dry so I help it. She was so dry his/her eyes were shut from the membrane and dry membrane all over him/her. I took a warm damp towl and cleaned him/her up but the baby can not stand. I have dipped the his/her beck in some water with vitamins and woke up this morning and he/she still can't stand. I am new to this so what can I do to help him/her?

she is doing a little better still not standing, just laying on her side. I am still giving her water with vitamins. I am hoping a few more days with water and vitamins will help her get strong.

It sounds like she could have paralysis. What are her legs doing? Can she move them? Are they swollen? Is she just really weak?

I'm very sorry you have to deal with this. I wish they'd all spring out perfectly. I had some keets that were a little bit older, but developed walking problems. Try sugar and apple cider vinegar in the water too, along with the vitamins?

The thing that helped my older keets was Red cell, which is a horse supplement, but people use for poultry too. It got mine walking and running around again within days.

Back
Top Bottom