Post or tree

turksinmaine

Chirping
May 28, 2015
I am going to put up fencing on property for the turkeys and was wondering a few things. First off is it alringt to nail fencing to trees, or is it better to use posts,even though tree is more sturdy? Would I have problems with fencing before it would originally need replacing due to tree growth? Is there easy ways from you experienced fence installers could let me in on? Should I try to put fencing as tight as possible to tree or allow slight looseness to allow tree growth?if it is important for posts instead of tee installation well anyhow it would be nice to save from the expense of posts wherein I have trees that work wonderful.

Until the tree gets old and someone ruins a chain saw in the nails and wire that grew in to it.

Open to fencing hasn't worked for me and turkey. They fly and prefer to roost in trees. Mine always came down to the house to tell me it was time to feed, then obediently led me to the run and waited for me to open the gate and feed them.

This was heritage breed, bbw may be different.

I've never liked attaching anything to trees. They grow around the object. This can cause a problem for whoever may, in the future, cut down the tree for whatever reason.

I had an old fir tree I had felled for safety reasons, too close to a house. We then used a lumber mill to cut the logs for lumber. A small scree from many years before was buried deep inside. It destroyed a $300 stainless two inch band saw blade.

Please think twice before attaching anything to a tree involving metal. It won't rust away like you may expect.

Back
Top Bottom