Got my first girls today!

staskrut

Hatching
Jul 27, 2015
I have been reading forums and books, watching videos and asking the farm folks every question I could think of...I finally got my hens today at auction. 9 girls all leghorn...they are cool. :) I just wanted to introduce myself now that I have joined even though I have been ghosting and reading this site for months. I'm Stacy and I live in upstate New York...I am freaking out a little about wintering my hens but other than that I am stoked to be a new backyard chicken keeper :)

Welcome to byc and the wonderful world of chickens. Have you got them named yet? If you have any questions feel free to ask I'm sure someone can help you. Do they all look alike? You might have to get them little leg bracelets to tell them apart. I have 2 Isa Browns that I can't tell apart so one wears a pink bracelet and I know that one is Mrs. Brown and the one without the bracelet is Nugget. They all have their own little personalities you will soon find out. Enjoy your chickens and keep us updated on how they are doing.

Patty

Hi Stacy, glad you joined the backyard chickens flock.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom